DLP Repairs OTHER than the bulb???

Bronze Member
Username: Rhallva

Post Number: 12
My Samsung HLR4667W is a year old now and it has worked flawlessly. We opted not to buy an extended warranty from Circuit City initially.
They contacted us now since the manufacturers warranty is running out. We have to decide if it is wise to spend $120 per year over the next four years to cover repairs on the TV. The sales guy who called said it included bulb replacement, but it looks to me like it covers ONE bulb replacement.. it is unclear to me what the real deal is even after looking at the policy online.
Can anyone explain the real deal of the Circuit City extended warranty? Are there other major repair expenses I should be concerned about other than bulb replacement?
Any infor or shared experiences on this will be much apprecieated!
Thanks!
Roy

Username: Spisfam

Post Number: 3
I bought my HLN 507 WX from curcuit city also and did not get the exetended warranty as research found that they get engineers from some where to fix it and sometimes you need to take it to them. I opted to by from Samsung there service manual for the tv. I found that it covered alot of the models and if you know how to build a computer it is alot like that inside. I have just relaced my color wheel that Samsung has modified from the first generation, more color on the wheel and an air bearing, the thing is totaly silent and the picture quality is better. If you are going to do repairs to it yourself and your model # is in my service manual I can scan and send you the relavant page.

Username: Wmcalister

Walnut creek, Ca USA

Post Number: 4
The consumer can replace the bulb, and is not covered under warranty.

My company is the authorized Toshiba representative in the area.

I have a limited number of the Toshiba 62 inch high-definition DLP units 62HM15A with the stand that we are liquidating. These are NEW out-of-box units, made in the USA and come with a 90 day warranty. We offer an extended warranty up to two years for an additional cost of $100 per year.

These units have the latest HDMI inputs, 480I, 720I, and 1080 resolution, TV guide programming built in, memory card inputs, incredible sound etc. This unit retails for $3300 but the cash price is only $1295. My company also takes Visa or Mastercard.

The units can be seen at 310 North Civic Dr in Walnut Creek. Call me before you stop by to ensure I am there.

Ask for William. I can be contacted at 408 234-3770.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 829
This Toshiba is ok for an older 720P model. It has the HD2+ chip, which many folks preferred a few years ago. The lamps are not as lasting as the Phillips UHP lamps, though. There are about 20 open box models on ebay right now. The average selling price is around $600, but I've seen several go for as little as $399.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Toshiba+62HM15
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us