HELP ME PEOPLE HELP ME NEWBIE TO FTA

Username: Ronald23

Us

Post Number: 1
Okay I know I may get flammed for this, but I read the archived, but I didnt find anything meaningful or helpful. I have a superdish mounted on my house with the DP34 switch pointing to 110, 119, 121. What is the best FTA receiver for me to get with that physical setup. I know I may be limited to what I can get, but limited to what??? Will I get PP*, H_0, and etc? Please help me guys. I want to buy a FTA receiver today, but I have to find out what works with my exsisting setup. Please help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 84
PanSat ,Co0lsat,Veiwsat,Captive Works,all good

Silver Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 186
Nothing works today because Dishnet has been doing a ECM since 23 June and little to no channels are viewable...and MAY never be again, except for the True FTA in the clear unscrambled channels..If this ECM is overcome by the hackers and coders, then with Dishnet satellites (110-119-121), you can get PPV's, HBO's , adult channnels etc...

Now is the worse time to be buying a FTA receiver unless its just a hobby, and NOT just for FREE TV..

All receivers will basically do the same thing..some are just a little faster than others or have a better program guide..whats imnportant in a receiver is that you have software support and you buy from a reputable dealer site, and do NOT buy a clone..I recommend a Viewsat Platinum or Extreme from www.EFTA.us

Bronze Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 25
Ron,

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY ANY FTA RECEIVER unless you plan to use it for its original purpose.

Us

Post Number: 2
Okay what if I purchase a motorized dish with a FTA receiver will I get the PPV HBO and blah blah blah.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
You do not need a motor..the superdish you have is a great dish..the motor will not allow more channels or change this ECM by dishnet!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Andy and storyteller, I disagree with both of you ,
1. They will find a fix ,2. recievers are cheep now, 3.there is a sh*t load of free fta tv.,for 20 yrs now they have come with a fix.

Us

Post Number: 3
Okay its getting a little confusing now. If I purchase a new dish with motor and a FTA receiver I will not pick up anything because they are doing ECM dishnet. What is Dishnet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Ron Check these sites

[link removed]
http://www.dssrookie.com
check out all of these sites (thanks to Omar San)

Bronze Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 26
Ron,

I have receivers I can sell you. Let me know if your interested.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
way down..all the motor does it move the dish for you towards certain pre-selected satellites... so if he has a superdish already aligned at 110-119-121, how can the motor be better than that!...they're already aligned, the superdish is made just for those 3 satellites..

Dishnetwork is a US satellite TV company that has satellites at 110-119 -121 which is exactly why the superdish was made..Dishnetwork has scrambles all their channels except to subscribers...hackers have been able to unscramble them...Dishnet has now recently learned how to defeat the hackers way of unscrambling the channels...thats where we are now...waiting for the hackers to defeat dishnetworks scramble of the channels again...its a cat/mouse game that always goes on, but has gotten very complicated and serious now..earlier, Dishnet could only stop hackers for a few hours, now its been 23 DAYS!

Is this for hobby for Free TV?...if for FREE TV, then I suggest U WAIT and see what happens, then use the superdsih with NO motor...if for hobby, then get rid of the superdish and and get a BIG dish and mount as many LNB's 6-8 at various satellites and have fun testing and trying new satellites etc, and again a motor is not needed..You can aim LNB's without the need for a motor..

Us

Post Number: 4
Free tv!! Well my house is two stories, so me going up and down and pointing isnt much of an option. What about the candadian stuff? Yeah andy if i can get hbo and ppv some kinda way with your receivers i'll buy!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mybig_willie

Post Number: 11
TRUE FTA is not PPVs HBOS or anything like that.FTA is signals in the clear and legal.English content is limited to about 20 to 40 chanells worth watching if you consider locals and stuff like nasa tv worth while.Theres also a lot of spanish and some other language channells.DN DTV BEV are encrypted chanells and not free.If your going to buy a receiver now buy it for TRUE FTA and dont expect to get anything else.You also will need a 30" or larger dish and linear lnbs.You will need a motor or several dishes.There is a lot of good you can do with TRUE FTA.Thats all i use my pansat for.

Username: Icu

Post Number: 7
man ron your not listening. learn first by reading now is a good time, its a little slow at FTA inc. also Storyteller & big willie are right. but you will not fully understand unless you read and teach yourself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us