Questions regarding my Samsung VR320

Username: American_ernesider

Post Number: 1
I have been trying to find answers to some of my problems with the VR320 I own, but I have really found the going tough. The various FAQs/troubleshoots I've read have not been very helpful. I was hoping that maybe some of my items have been addressed, or some of you may know the answers.

1) Playing DVDs recorded in my VR320 in another DVD player.
With the exception of my laptop and the VR320 itselfwhich has no problems, I have had no luck playing a DVD I recorded in the VR320. I know it isn't a region issue, but I can't figure out what it is. On the two other DVD players I own, the disc either plays video for about 10 seconds and then pauses the screen but continues to play audio. On my other machine, it will play the first chapter, but will freeze when it enters chapter 2, or if ANYTHING is done to the playback (fastforward, rewind, pause, skip, etc.).
I have tried several different media types, but so far no luck. Any suggestions?

2. Quality of LP, SP, & XP.
While the actual picture quality of LP through XP is superior to EP, I've been experiencing this annoying thing on some of the DVDs I've burned from my personal VHS collecion at this higher quality. It's really hard to explain/describe, but there is almost a little glitch or hop. It's almost a little pulsating thing that slightly alters the playback, particularly if it is an action-packed scene (like a long football play). It doesn't slow down anything, and is pretty minor, but I definitely notice it. I've been debating on whether or not to use just EP (which isn't as good of a picture, but I don't get the issue described above) or go with the better picture with the little glitch.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Again, any suggestions?

Thank you so much for your time! I know this has been long, but I wanted to get it all out!

Username: Klbonzo

Post Number: 1
I am experiencing the exact same problem as you when playing recorded DVDs on other players. I haven't noticed the quality issue yet as I have been so frustrated over the playback issue. Like you, I have been cruising the various forums and have found no solution. Real exasperating !

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3052
It's the Samsung recorders. Virtually everything Samsung makes has problems and is unreliable. My sister sent me some discs from her Samsung, they freeze at every chapter on my player and pause then skip forward on one of my DVD recorders, the other recorder actually plays them. They were Taiyo Yuden discs, so it's not the discs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us