C Band question

Bronze Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 73
On the new Sat Receivers, you can get C Band, but is there any options for moving the C Band dish. This requires some power. Just checking, considering trying an old five foot dish for Ku and perhaps C for the Mexican stantions.

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 68
First, you will need an actuator ( a motor that mounts to the dish ( they usually are designed for 36-volts )). The motor has an additional set of wires ( 2 or 3 ) for creating pulses as the motor turns, which are used to keep track of where the dish actually is pointing ( according to limit switches & dish limits ). You will also need to get a used ( preferred ) satellite TV receiver / positioner, with remote control. This then has to be connected to the motor, with the motor wires connected so that the dish moves to the east, when commanded to. If it moves the wrong way, then the 2 large motor wires need to be reversed. When this is done, move the dish as far to the east as possible without over-travelling the dish ( binding ) & set the micro-switch in the motor ( I usually do this with the receiver & TV set right out by the dish ). When both the east & west limits are set according to the travel limits of the dish, then you can connect your FTA receiver &
start programming satellites into the big dish receiver's memory at the same time ( connect a TV set to each receiver if you like, so you can see what's happening with the big dish receiver, at the same time you see what is happening on the FTA receiver ). For reference, on C-band, I can get 16 channels on IA13, 6 on Anik F1, 2 on AMC11, 33 on Gal.3, 4 on Gal.4 ( US Networks ), 3 on G5, 17 on Gal.11, 5 on Gal.10, 5 on Gal.13, 9 on IA5, 2 on IA7, 11 on Int.805, 27 on Pan.9, 23 on AMC.1, 2 on AMC.3, 17 on AMC.4 & 4 on AMC.6. This was on March 24th, so I'm sure some have changed, but not many. I use LNBs with noise figures of 25-degrees
Kelvin or lower. Good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Thanks, I know how to set it up with the old C band stuff, have an old cable concepts receiver here. I was hoping not to have to use it, but thanks, I had forgotten some of that stuff, it has been a while. And especially thanks for the list. It is much appreiciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Glad to be of help. I have been into the real FTA since 2001, & my list of TV channels ( C, Ku & DSS ( Ku with circular polarization ) totals over 600, & Radio / Music stations is 395. That was back in March, probably more now, as new channels are constantly being added. I have a 16-page list of these channels ( TV ) & 11-page list of the Radio / Music channels with all of the TP information. These channels work on any FTA receiver, but originally I was using Topfield TF3000Fi units, but in January I also programmed the active channels into Ariza 700 units. ( This channel count has nothing to do with the channels that we all got from DN & B3V by loading Bins into them....that has really messed up our lives hasn't it. Anyway, carry on!

Username: Perycles2005

Post Number: 4
hey Northman I saw your post and would like to ask...Do I need a Bin to use C Band?, Can I use any kind of FTA receiver for this?, Do you use any kind of feedback loop control to keep the position of your sats. or how do you do to keep going back and fort when you see channels on different sats.?
thanks a million...I know almost nothing on FTA but I'd like to know, and I'd like to watch some TV since the latest Bin problem maybe there is other options...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
We must have been typing at the same time. No bins are required for the C-band FTA channels that I had stored in my receivers. There certainly are encrypted c-band MPEG-2 channels, but I have not actually connected my C-band coax cable recently, or checked Lyngsat to check if there are any Nag2 channels on C-band...I'll look into it tonight. My multi-band system consists of a 10-ft. c-band dish with actuator connected to an old receiver / positioner. I have all of the positions stored into it ( 26 satellites ). On one side of the big dish, mounted as far to the outside as possible ( on the motor side ) is a 39-inch Ku dish, & on the
opposite side is a DirecTV type of dish. I use a DISEQC switch to remotely select the LNBs, but they are not totally reliable, so then I just connect the coax direct. Works for me. For the family, I have a separate system, connected to stationary dishes that are aimed at E7, N1 & G10 (
Galaxy 10 has about 35 stations, including spanish
stuff, but it works all the time & doesn't need bins. I also used a DISEQC switch on this setup, but for testing systems, I also use SW21 switches to select between the E7 & N1 satellite.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
I would love to see a listing of all your FTA stuff. That is what I have been pushing for. It would be especially good to have two or three sats that have 20-40 channels that could be watched. I don't think the Mpeg 4 change in the future would affect them too much.

If you could post your list I would greatly appreciate it, if you can't or don't feel comfortable doing so, I understand. Do you know of a web page that lists all the same info? Thanks again.

Bronze Member

I have the lists in EXCEL, so I don't know if I can put it up, but I will try. ( next post ).

Bronze Member

Hey Joe, I have to break the files up into sizes less than 100-kb, so rather than combined C, Ku band
files, they will be split up.....more to come.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
FTA C-band Part 1 of 2
application/vnd.ms-excelUpload
TVSORTARIZA60324 C-band Pt 1 of 2.xls (69.6 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Ok, that worked, so here are the rest.
FTA C-band Part 2 of 2
TVSORTARIZA60324 C-band Pt 2 of 2.xls (74.8 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Ready for more...might as well finish with the C-band stuff, so the Radio / Music channels are next:
RADARIZA60324 C-band.xls (41.0 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Here comes the FTA Ku-linear stuff: TV channels
TVSORTARIZA60324 Ku-band.xls (91.6 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Now the FTA Ku-linear Radio / Music channels:
RADARIZA60324 Ku-band.xls (50.7 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Now the FTA Ku-channels picked up on the DN & BEV satellites ( free )
TVSORTARIZA60324 Ku-DN & BEV.xls (24.1 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
....and lastly, the FTA Ku- Radio / Music channels from DN & BEV satellites:
RADARIZA60324 Ku-DN & BEV.xls (47.6 k)

Username: Perycles2005

Post Number: 6
thanks Northman, for all the info...that is very useful, have a nice day...

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 72
Northman, I get everything on 1 dish ,10 ft,I have a
combined ku feed that has linier and circlur all in one that I mounted in a c-band lnbf,all 3 cables come into a fta receiver using DISEQC switch,and just a reg old style c-band actuator to move the dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
There you go! I will have to go through them & see if there are any significant additions or removals, but these were the channels that I had in my Ariza 700 back in March. They will work in any FTA receiver.....remember, its a hobby.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Way Down, I know the hardware exists, but the dealers who sell these LNBs are not in my local area, & the equipment is fairly costly, plus I like to use the equipment that the customer already has, as much as possible, but you're right, combined units ( C, Ku, Circular LNBs work.)

Bronze Member

northman, look up a Quad Polar Lnb-QPH-031

Bronze Member

http://www.invacom.com/products/documents/Quadpolardatasheetwhite.pdf

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
I know, way down, I've seen the ones by Invacom, they are supposed to be excellent. They are only for Ku-band. I'm not taking the time to look one up right now, but will they pick up the low-band Ku channels that are circular polarization as well ( 11.7 to 12.2-Ghz. ) ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
I drilled hole in the top of this feed and mounted the Quad.Now it includes c-band

http://www.traxis.us/asc421.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Way Down, thanks for the link. This data sheet was from January of 2005, so the introduction of the low-band circular polarized channels wasn't introduced until about a month ago....they do come in on a linear LNB, but on both polarities, so they are not as efficient as with the proper LNB. The channels I would be interested in receiving, at least a couple of them, are on AMC16, in E7's 119-degree slot ( 118 or 119 ).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Thanks for the info, had to go to the bank, I just got back. Very useful. This thread at least has remained civil. I never heard of a combined c/ku/linear/ku/circular lnb before. Where do you get one and how much is the general price? I could set my dad up pretty easy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
You can get it here .

http://www.thesatelliteshop.net/hypercart/PictureFrame.asp?Sku=QPH-031&categoryI D=103

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Joe I mounted it in the top of a c-band feed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
I have plenty of those, thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help