Using nimiq 1 its receiving dishnet echo 110

Bronze Member
Username: Bintheredonethat

Canada

Post Number: 12
i have an eliptical dish-searched nimiq 1 for bev but receiving dishnet signals .the sat is at 110/119 setting but i thought the eliptical dish might catch bev--it shows good levels for signal strength.

Bronze Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 94
your dish is pointing 110. THAT'S THE INFLUENCE BY ECHOSTAR. YOU HAVE BEEN BRAIN-WASHED. TURN YOUR DISH (some more)TOWARDS EAST (25-30 DEGREES), towards left if you're behind the dish. YOU'LL HIT 91. THEN, ADJUST your elevation and watch TV.

Silver Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 136
check your area
calculate the angle
http://monsterfm.com/engineering/pointdish.htm
select the city / and nimiq 1
compare the existing 110 in the same chart
move accordingly
its easy, simple
enjoy!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif4u

Post Number: 65
Don't you need different keys or different bins?

Bronze Member
Username: Dcole99us

Post Number: 13
I have a Dave Phase III eliptical dish picking up 91, 110 and 119. The middle LNB on the dish is pointing at 101 and for FTA receivers there are really no channels there. To pick up 119 I glued a fourth LNB to the left of the 110 LNB (looking from behind dish). So, it IS possible to pick up 91 and 110/119 on the same dish after you add a fourth LNB.

You do need different keys for 91, but the same bin/pgm works for both. At least for my Pansat 2700a and my Viewsat vs2000pl anyway.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
same program
bev 91 is working without PPV & PO**

Username: Adave

Post Number: 6
i try to get nimiq 91 but not working i have c**lsat 5*** i get signal around 90. I don't know what i doing wrong

Bronze Member
Username: Minmike

Post Number: 23
dave patel what r your setting what is your quality level?

Post Number: 7
i try to get nimiq 91 i get around 90 in quality i have c**lsat 5000

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
dave p when u go to dish setting,at the bottom of your screen you get level and quality,tell me your level and quality %?and is it green or red?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Mike I have same problem as Dave, I have Culsat5k . I get 90% level and 30 % quality.
When scanning ain't gettin no shiit. Is it because I din't put the keys or my LNB is not good??

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
getting signal -OK

scan the system once u have good signal - strength
u dont need any extra program or bin

rescan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
kash,try what aanaa said rescan,but let me know one thing go into manual scan and change around your frequency see if you get a green level and signal on anyone let me know.make sure if you have any switches between your dish and colsat that your setting are right.let me know how it works out!

Post Number: 8
i get channel in nimiq 82 some

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
dave where is your dish pointed?if it is pointed to 82 you will have to move it just a little to the west and little bit up for 91.and u will only get some channels on 82 because it is doing what dishnet is doing?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Mike and Aana, Thanks but I aint gettin green signals. I use the calculator from a site. Like I said I am gettin 90% level and 30 % quality. I tried playing with frequency and lnb type but thats the best I am gettin. When Scan, dont get no channel even after 100% scan. Should I try loading channels from BEV channels file (If available somewhere) and then try?
Thanks a lot for all ur help.

Username: Sls1970

Tx U S A

Post Number: 1
i'm sorry for asking a question that probably has already been asked, but here it is. I have a pansat 2700a we were using a dishpro 500 dish with two lnb's to get 110 & 119 before everything went down. we also have another dishpro 500 with a single lnb on it that we used for 61.5 (i think). Anyway, I am pretty sure we understand how to realign for nimiq1 but can we use the single lnb dish for this or do we need to use the dish with the 2 lnb's? If the question has already been answered elsewhere I am sorry, I have been reading the threads and can't seem to find the answer.

Post Number: 10
if in the future we get bin so nimiq 91 and dishnetwork at same time or we need diffrent bin

Bronze Member
Username: Babulal

Post Number: 26
Sandra, you can use your single dishpro 500 to get nimiq 1 - make sure you are picking up nimiq 1, it might indicate you picked up nimiq 1 in the signal, but then when you scan for channels, you pick up nimiq 2's channels (more american channels). If you do, move the dish slightly west.

Dave - when the new bin is out, it will be for nimiq 91 (BEV) and Dishnetwork

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thanks babu lal

Username: Sls1970

U S A

Post Number: 2
thank you babu lal for the advice and information

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 17
Kash, if the signal quality level is below 70% then chances are you wont get much from sat scan. you've already got 30% level of quality. now if you play arond with the dish elevation & azimuth level slightly and very slowly you'll get 70%+ target easily.

Bronze Member
Username: Scorp7

Post Number: 11
Dave,

To get the channel you must have quality level of atleast 60-70. If you get the green bars, its a matter of adjusting the elevation(moving dish up/down). You may have to try with fine movements. DO you get the satellite name on the top right hand corner as "Bell Express VU 91"? I have c*5k and its catchign fine. Good luck

Sandra,
Since there is nothing on 61.5, it may be easier to move that dish pointing towards 91- Nimiq . If you move dish 500 with two LNBs which you are currently using for 110/119; you will be able to catch both the BELL satellites 82 and 91. 82 has more international programs where as 91 has mostly English and French ones. Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us