I like LCD better than Plasma--Am I Crazy?

Username: Vufan4life

Post Number: 1
I am getting ready to purchase my first flat screen HDTV, and I am leaning heavily toward an LCD over a Plasma. I can't tell much difference in the picture quality, and the glare on the Plamsa screens really is the big difference. Does anyone else find this distracting?

Also, the size I want is a 40"-45", and I have ready that for this size, it is best to go with a Plasma. Is this still true, or has the LCD technology advanced enough where this is no longer the case?

Username: Izzystradlin

Post Number: 3
I've been shopping..... and I haven't seen an LCD that looks as vivid, or alive as a plasma......

Sure, the plasma's got some knocks.... the glare is a factor... fear of burn in....(man that scares me).

But the picture...... I don't think anything comes close. but that's me.

Bronze Member
Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 64
You can go either way...they both have their advantages and disadvantages....ask 20 people, you'll have 10 on each side ;) I have a LCD and been thrilled with it...my next set will probably be a plasma just because..

Keith
http://www.eHDMI.com

Bronze Member
Username: Reggie_miller

Post Number: 45
I lean toward the plasmas because they do have better picture quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Scherrman

Post Number: 12
I love LCD tv's but I have to admit that Plasma's do look nice. I would still spend my money on the LCD though.

Username: Jaday

Post Number: 4
LCD's are great pictures, but I lean towards plasmas. They're going to have faster response rates than LCD's and usually brighter, clearer colors. But I don't know, the thing with much of this is just whatever catches your eye. Alot of all of this is personal taste. Let us know what you decide to go with!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us