Heres the truth about...

Username: Milogone

San carlo, Ca

Post Number: 1
C/P
Kudelski and E*hostar have recently updated their smart cards in order to thwart piracy. Here is what they did:

1. They introduced two new methods of decrypting the video keys, namely,the $40 MECM method and the $60 MECM method. They now have the ability to use either or both methods. Both of these methods use onboard MAP functions to properly decrypt the video keys.
2. They introduced code that prevents glitching into their cards. Rev109 and Rev245 cards can no longer be unlocked.
3. The latest revisions also have new code that will disable the use of the MAP functions if smart card tampering is detected. This feature is not being used yet, but probably will be very soon.

In order to really appreciate what is going on, you need to understand what a MAP function is. MAP stands for "Modular Arithmetic Processor".The smart card consists of one main CPU and several additional onboard processors that assist the CPU with certain tasks. One of these tasks is cryptography and the MAP processor implements all the encryption routines like DES, RSA, IDEA, SHA, AES, etc. When the main CPU wants to perform a math function like those listed before, it calls the MAP processor, gives it some input and expects some output in return. Without the actual circuit design and source code for the MAP processor,it is impossible to know exactly how each function works. We can't dump the MAP functions because of hardware firwewalls. The best we can do is guess how each function works! Don't laugh! So far, guessing has worked well for us. For example, we dicovered the IDEA and RSA MAP functions which enabled us to decrypt the video keys up until a few weeks ago. How did we do that? Well, we guessed and got lucky! No, seriously, Nagra has a bad habit of implementing well known mathematical functions without making any changes. So we just guess and get lucky. The guesses are based on key lengths, message lengths, etc.
But now Nagra has started using MAP functions that aren't so easy to guess. Even if these MAP functions are discovered by luck, they will just introduce new ones. They are doing all this to stop the proliferation of FTA boxes. Make no mistake about it, the proliferation of FTA boxes posed a SERIOUS threat to their business. They had to stop this and they did it by introducing some new MAP functions. In the process they not only took out the FTA boxes but everything else too. Only ROM102/103 cards are working at the moment. But those hacks won't last very long either. Nagra intends to permanently disable those cards not by looping them, but rather, by disabling the fuse bits that allow the MAP functions to work properly. The code to do this is already in place. Things are not looking so good for testers, but they have never looked better for Nagra. Looks like the only thing that will work in the future will be card sharing over the internet or AUX-ed card and emulation. If you don't believe it, well, the Europeans have been down for several months now because of the use of new MAP calls and many have turned to card sharing. Now, I wonder how Kudelski and gang will handle card sharing???

PS. Just for the record, the only reason we ever figured out the MAP calls for the ROM2,3,10,11 cards wasn't because we figured it out at all, it was because E*hostar sued NDS for compromising their cards and the court required this information to make a decision. A lot of that information was then leaked to the public.

Bronze Member
Username: Cyberx

Post Number: 13
Europeans are up. They already broke through this situation.. They are the reason we will be back up in 1 week...

Bronze Member
Username: Tayaran

Post Number: 82
how did you get this info? I don't think their modulation of their sat signals is the same as in the usa, is it?

Bronze Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 50
Latest News

FTA guys talking about fix // 2006-07-07
There is a different story every day and it almost seem like they are trying to have a smoke screen.... the truth is that FTA hack started from European satellite system(Nagravision Euorpe was hacked before Nagrastar North America, it was based on European hack).
Nagravision in Europe changed their commands few months ago and all the European FTA boxes went dark, they still have no solutions for those boxes, it makes me wonder how these copy cats North American FTA guys think they can come up with the fix when their teachers in Europe are looking at black screen after 3 months of trying?

Only thing up in Europe is card sharing..

Bronze Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 60
The sky is falling.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
And the duck you rode in on.Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Min

Post Number: 86
KITTY , THAT LOOK LIKE A PEKING DUCK TO ME .......

Silver Member
Username: Lucia

Post Number: 234
LOL I'M GETTIN HUNGRY NOW

Silver Member
Username: Mussawel

Africa, Monterrey Ivory Coast

Post Number: 161
BS OVER & OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ikaleem

Post Number: 66
guys story teller is right....the C&P is from Royce's website and to tell you the truth the guy has never been wrong...the FTAs have been out for more than five months in Europe with no fix in sight

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
yum-yum!!Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Xcable

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 67
Stoyteller, Thats the same info Ive been reading.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I do NOT post BS..anyone who has ANY FTA knowledge knows that the Nagravision hack that we had came from the Europeans (Spain)and we have always learned from them..also any knowledgeable person knows too that Europe has had their own problems for months nows, so we cannot expect too much help from our friends, the European coders....

anyone who belittles another for knowing more than them (such as mussawel did to me)is just showing how small, unintelligent and immature they really are..

Username: Dcole99us

Post Number: 10
The sky is not falling. It has fallen! Permanently!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
The End.Upload

Username: Milogone

San carlo, Ca

Post Number: 2
just so you know .. ...

Bronze Member
Username: Vbalasho

Oregon Washington

Post Number: 14
ymmm

Bronze Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 71
Hey flatulant kitty, That was FUNNY!!!
But I think it's TRUE...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Yin & Yan
Up & Down
Black & White
Heaven and Earth

BEGINNING & THE END...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
...Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
At the memorial park...Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Nomeloplagies

Post Number: 15
Do not take this as an insult, but I think it's time to start learning some other idioms. Español, Francés and Portugués are a good start... you must accept that we (hispanics) have more opportunities in your own game. Bev is working for now and we are watching the Soccer World Cup, french series, Leno, Letterman, ... damn! we are blessed... ja ja ja... sorry, I am not making jokes of you.

Username: Cotullaguy

Post Number: 3
it is nice to see someone with real knowledge telling us what is going on...obviously LK, does not and that is why he/she/it disappeared when they no longer had any ideas...

Bronze Member
Username: Xmongra

Post Number: 33
We, spanish people in canada does it.

In Canada we speake at least two lenguages. And sometimes 3, spanish, english and french.

Bronze Member
Username: Annonymous

Post Number: 31
if at least you could speak one properly........

Username: Rbmaxima

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know how to program the ROM 102 cards? i have no clue how to. do u need any additional equipment? if any one know plz share, i will really appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Go to a site such as Dsstester.c*om where they test plastic 102 cards...yes you need an iso programmer, a blocker,and a Jtag.

Silver Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 147
Dear Zorro Critico,
People don't like to be told what they should know. It makes them feel inferior.
If you understand 2, 3, 4 languages, good for you. Keep it for yourself. Do not be immature, don't make people feel bad because they don't understand Spanish, French, Portuguese or English.

Bronze Member
Username: Haxit

Post Number: 37
go CANADA they are gonna win the world cup...

oh yaaaaaa there out(they probably never made the qualifiers) LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Kato1

Post Number: 59
i know pig latin and ebonics and spaglish and spanish and getto and oh,,,english and little chinese and japanese and judo,kung fu,karate,jeet kune do,tai chi,and jumping rope...hope that all helps me....

Silver Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 125
doesn't help at all you dumb fcuking immigrant...might look good on paper, but in reality , you're a dumb fcuking wigger who needs to get his little wiener out of mommy's glove pocket...ROTF

Bronze Member
Username: Sugar_daddy

Post Number: 76
yes....just like you!!!!!!!
ROFT..............
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us