Before you start flapping your gums

Bronze Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 18
I don't suppose that it might have occurred to you that 8 years ago I was dwelling around different sites (I doubt this one has been here for 8 years but I really dunno). In fact, the one I spent the most time at was "ThePiratesDen". Ah yes...The good ole' days. Remember the good old days of the 3M's? Manipulating tier lists? Trying to find a subbed bin and not letting it leak out onto the internet...Those blacklisted bins were a drag weren't they? How about the shock when we all had to scrap the old smartcard readers and upgrade to unloopers after the infamous Black Sunday ECM...That one put us down during the Superbowl and left us scratching out heads for some time! Or how we used to have to flash the EEPROM on the Atmel chips all the time with those funky little DOS based flash programs. You recall the Atmel chips don't ya? All the cool people from back in the day remember having to jump pins so we could flash those little suckers! Ah yes...Good times indeed! All those jumper settings and blinking LEDs...I miss it - can you tell?

I suppose that you are inable to reason so I feel I must point out to you that I no longer work with fixes unless I am downloading them from the internet and uploading them to my STB. Much like yourself (with your HUGE 1 post - dude can it!). My days of helping others are gone. It just isn't worth it in today's self centered, "everybody owes me something" society. They're gone for good reason to! I got tired of working tirelessly for lame, inappreciative wanks who were forever nagging and crying about their downed systems, EXPECTING sometimes even DEMANDING a fix be produced. Even though I was doing it as a hobby and for fun, it was the percentage of the community who EXPECTED an editted working bin file or some new software to unloop their cards that really burst the bubble for me. It took the joy out of doing it, hence my retreat AND name change. I used to go by the name of FreshFlesh...I did some pretty cool stuff back in the day with the old H cards...Mostly software application stuff (not alot of datastream work) but cool all the same (atleast for me). Infact, my last application (called Activation Medic) took the EEPROM reading from an HU card and allowed the user edit the tier lists with a pretty cool little GUI then the software would write a custom HEX file which could later be uploaded to the card's EEPROM opening your desired channels. It never even got released though. The community and its masses of greedy little fingers erked me to the point of hanging on to that application all for my pretty little lonesome. Sad really cuz I put about 4.5 months of work into writting it...

So...Before you start flapping your gums and attempting to cut somebody off at the knees, I strongly suggest you completely understand what you are doing before you start down that path. If you can't fix your problem yourself, it is probably in your best interest to shut the hell up, kick back and patiently wait for somebody else who can. Who knows, the guy or gals producing your fixes at this very moment might very well be feeling what I was feeling years ago which got me to say - "Screw all of ya...I'm outta here!"

Username: Dikmanluv

Post Number: 5
sit down and shut up! will get you the bin fix soon you old fartt.

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 18
how about the day when we would remove e-prom on g.e. vid chyfer 2 ,install socket,burn chip,write our on software, chip was in epoxey,20 yrs ago

Bronze Member
Username: Storyteller

Post Number: 14
This generation has no respect, initiative, or creativity.

Bronze Member
Username: Watzupwitu

Post Number: 27
How about the good ole days when there was no satellite TV, only UHF and VHF and we still hacked the hell out of that for 4 channels??

Silver Member
Username: Lucia

Post Number: 169
too long to read.

Bronze Member
Username: Waydown

Post Number: 22
storyteller, you are right,i have been in this for 22 yrs now ,and they have never in 22 yrs.been able to kept us out ,it was harder 22 yrs ago,than it is now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us