Current situation

Username: Mo_of_arabia

Post Number: 10
Status of Coders:

7/03/06--> [From TDG] Last time there was a hash, it involved alot of math, as does this hash. It was thought (according to engineers) that the amount of processing power would play into a receivers ability to decrypt the routines. However, it was possible last time to just insert a hard coded "solution" to get the control words and avoid having the processor do all the work. That may never be possible again. Nothing is working for FTA right now, but VS as well as the other STB makers haven't given up. The fact that Dreambox hasn't even come out with a new "fix" says ALOT about the difficulty of the current situation. There are calls to an area of the card that is firewall protected and doesn't show in a dump. Until these MAP's of the hidden area are known, we wait. There's talk of READING the asic from a card with a laserscope. This is very intricate, involved and can be expensive. I've been told, that if there's no breakthrough by the 5th., That Mr.V. will be putting a couple of people (1 from Canada & 1 from Korea) in a room with laserscope and everything they need to finally get a full dump. It's hard to explain or understand how instructions are printed on a chip, but there are layers of silicate that are etched. The protective coating of the asic (chip) can be peeled with acid first to expose these layers. Then a laser scope can intricately burn (read) the image of each layer to find the instructions. There's only a small snippet of code that is required to turn off the firewall. Once that is known, they will be able to READ the hidden sections that aren't accessible now. There's too much money at stake NOT to go ahead and do this. It all takes time...Once the MAP calls are all known, then a fix can be written, indeed a FULL emu can be written. Only time will tell, but FTA is suffering in sales right now, and the motivation to beat this only increases daily. Digital + in Europe went black for 2 months by using a similar hash method. They are back up and running today Sit tight, have faith, and enjoy America's birthday celebration.

Unquote

Bronze Member
Username: Min

Post Number: 75
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY , EVA ,TYLER , LK , AND EVERYONE WHO ARE WAITING FOR A NEW FIX IN HERE , AND ENJOY THE FIREWORKS TONIGHT , AND HAVE A GOODDAY .........MIN.............

Username: Emulatortodisintegrator

Greensboro, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 10
I'll drink to that?
Cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Istefan

Post Number: 11
you are not only Habal but the biggest Bahloul

Bronze Member
Username: Emulatortodisintegrator

Greensboro, North Carolina USA

Who is that for Istefan?I have no comprehension of what you are saying if your talking to me.If not,sorry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
not to you man sorry

Bronze Member
Username: Mo_of_arabia

Istefan, you lower than been able to reply to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Cyberx

Post Number: 12
Lasercope? Ummmm ok.. Sounds a bit James Bond to me.. Someone is going to have to sell them the info.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Of course ya Bahal wa ya Habal

Username: Dewey1384

Post Number: 1
Obviously new here, been here many times before but never felt the need to post. I thought the explanation was excellent but confusing to me. I always thought of a firewall as a software type solution but I guess it could be hardware. I always thought in the past with plastic, and then FTA the programmers KNEW the the internal "code" (how the processors are laid out internally) what has changed that they need to look at the internals again? Have we been guessing in the past and got lucky? Sorry for the run-on, I understand the internals of semiconductors, I guess I thought we were farther advanced than this. Thanks for the explanation!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us