Is it about time to say farewell to our beloved?

Username: Sudanie_1000

Post Number: 1
I don't know about you folks but I'm starting to lose faith, just read through those lines and you will probablyl understand the current situation we're facing this time!

Last time there was a hash, it involved alot of math, as does this hash. It was thought (according to engineers) that the amount of processing power would play into a receivers ability to decrypt the routines. However, it was possible last time to just insert a hard coded "solution" to get the control words and avoid having the processor do all the work. That may never be possible again. Nothing is working for FTA right now, but VS as well as the other STB makers haven't given up. The fact that Dreambox hasn't even come out with a new "fix" says ALOT about the difficulty of the current situation. There are calls to an area of the card that is firewall protected and doesn't show in a dump. Until these MAP's of the hidden area are known, we wait. There's talk of READING the asic from a card with a laserscope. This is very intricate, involved and can be expensive. I've been told, that if there's no breakthrough by the 5th., That Mr.V. will be putting a couple of people (1 from Canada & 1 from Korea) in a room with laserscope and everything they need to finally get a full dump. It's hard to explain or understand how instructions are printed on a chip, but there are layers of silicate that are etched. The protective coating of the asic (chip) can be peeled with acid first to expose these layers. Then a laser scope can intricately burn (read) the image of each layer to find the instructions. There's only a small snippet of code that is required to turn off the firewall. Once that is known, they will be able to READ the hidden sections that aren't accessible now. There's too much money at stake NOT to go ahead and do this. It all takes time...Once the MAP calls are all known, then a fix can be written, indeed a FULL emu can be written. Only time will tell, but FTA is suffering in sales right now, and the motivation to beat this only increases daily. Digital + in Europe went black for 2 months by using a similar hash method. They are back up and running today Sit tight, have faith, and enjoy America's birthday celebration.

I would love to read your opinion on this.

source: dssrookie

Bronze Member
Username: Watzupwitu

Post Number: 26
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/244569.html

Bronze Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 34
FTA receivers ought to get real cheap, real quick unless something breaks soon. I think it will but DTV locked up its system, and it is possible for Dish to do the same. I guess I would rather that FTA mean free to air and not Pirate TV, they should not be synonymous. They are two different things altogether. I know it sounds better to call it FTA, free to air, etc, but truthfully it is Pirate TV. You debate the ethics, but the law is very clear. I personally don't care. I think that there should be free to air tv that is set up by our government, where local stations, universities and special interest groups could broadcast to a wide audience. We have that to some degree with Public TV, but everyone who has ever watched that is aware of its particular bias. I guess I want a wide open forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 35
By the way, when was the last time you watched anything on tv that did not have commercials. The Government would not have to fund it, just license it like they did the terrestrial broadcasters. Let the License fees cover the cost and the commercials (which we get anyway) cover the programming.

Bronze Member
Username: Sugar_daddy

Post Number: 44
come on guys......keep your chin up.....

Bronze Member
Username: Mussawel

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 38
BS, BS, BS, BS!!!!!!!!

Username: Coolphat5000

Post Number: 3
Sudan, don't let all the nonsense get you down. This happens every time there is an ECM. People get impatient and start posting a bunch of crap. You'll see, this'll end up like all the rest... they will come up with a fix and them all the negative talk will stop till the next one.

Username: Sudanie_1000

Post Number: 2
I guess the only thing we have left is to be more patient and hope for the best. Thank you all for your inputs.

Bronze Member
Username: Rickn3car

Post Number: 22
Sorry, but some of us have currently test the little black boxes with a "10" on the label, and a card in the slot and, of course, get 119 and 110...it may last 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months but a re-program will get it right back up if it goes down...i wish my C00LSAT was as easy...but there is an answer (it may just include testing with different equipment)

ORTIZ VS. SHAMROCK!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Coolphat5000

Post Number: 17
Hey Rick, that black box sounds like a gift from heaven. My fingers are crossed for the c**lsat line and that it'll be back up before the 8th. UFC 61 Bitter rivals, only on Pay per View! ! !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us