An explanation as to why there is no bin yet

Bronze Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 50
Found this at D*Stester.com It pretty much explains why there hasnt been or will be any bins out for a while:
http://forums.d*stester.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=59013

"------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

Look they need a MAPROM dump and no one has it (or they won't give it up). Any fixes will mimic small parts of the MAPROM but now too much of it is coming into play. Thats why the armulator is down as well. With the rom102 it has the MAPROM built in, there is no need to emu it.

I don't see much of an fta fix for awhile unless they fork out the coin to buy the maprom dump if it is even avaiable. Publicly their is no luck getting it.

Thats is the simplest most laymans term explaination of whats going on with FTA's, rom10,atmega armulator blah blah blah."

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 126
So plastic will be king.

Bronze Member
Username: Nels2k

Post Number: 35
so how is there a temp fix for the cw. have they done this emu of the maprom

Bronze Member
Username: Thecanadian

Toronto

Post Number: 12
But if it's in the card.. They oculd easily get it from the card can they not? Any card with information for a reciever to read can be read by others.. Think about credit card readers.. similar premise there.. (I would think)

Username: Ajaz

Post Number: 5
so u guys has given up no fix yet or all bulls r dead i have Cw 600 if fix come mail me guys.and i am just missing all soccer game

Silver Member
Username: Rsmc73

Post Number: 120
I dont know squat about what there doing but i do know my dishnet receiver does not use a card

Bronze Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 74
Has it occurred to anybody that the lack of a new BIN might be related to the World Cup? It is quite possible, even probable, that as the hackers come out with a new BIN, whilst they are testing it, DN changes its tactics. I would suspect that DN's preplanned efforts will be over after the final match, and that is when the hackers, who seem to be always at 95% stage of completion, will come up with a 100% product.

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 89
"... But if it's in the card.. They oculd easily get it from the card can they not? Any card with information for a reciever to read can be read by others.. Think about credit card readers.. similar premise there.. (I would think)..."

I am agree with this thought . Codec team of FTA
should pay attention from here (card reader" to
find a way to go .

I think,
If Card is working . So information send out from
Sat. is same way(i mean same way encrypt) . But there are litlte different . Lets see Key # is no
change . Thing is right here . Suppose they add a "secret key number" into "signal information data package" then sent out (only their decrypt program can know) . So, It will make FTA receiver confuses . And that is problem for fta Coder write Bin file can not do their job.

so If people who can crack down "signal information data package" by part them will have the way to go .

Username: Qwerty43

Post Number: 6
From what I read on another thread there is a portion of the DN card that is firewalled, so when they read it that area is blocked from the read, they either need to find the password to bypass the firewall or they need to do a laser read (which sounds both expensive and time consuming).

DN is probably using a variety of tactics all at once, otherwise we would have lost all the channels at once instead of in waves. It would be logical on their part. Why give the coders 1 new item to fix when DN could give them 5 or 6 new items. And think of the timing, everytime a new BIN is being tested DN uses a different tactic on some other channels so now the new BIN still can't fix the entire problem and the coders go back to the drawing board.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us