A few questions

Bronze Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 25
From what I understand component output gives the best picture. I'm currently using a s-video cable. Will a component cable make any improvements? For me it seems weird becuase there is a 15 m coax cable between the dish and the receiver, hence what improvements can be made through the little cable from the receiver to the tv?

Next question: How can I get HD? From what I've understand there is no HD FTA receiver. Is there any upcoming one? There is some PCI cards that support HD, can these be used? Anyone who gets HD please tell me your setup.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 210
Pansat is getting ready to put out a HD receiver.

I believe with the PC cards, it's the video card (not the satellite card) that has to support HD because of outputs and signal processing.

Bronze Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 27
Really? Any name and ETA on that receiver?

PS. If there isn't a new bin out there soon I think they will throw that project in the garbage :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 527
Ben you got that right. If can not fix new algo then pansat 7000 not worth the components that are in the thing.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 213
Ben, that's what i heard from LK and others in the know. It seems reasonable to me that they are developping one, as many HD channels are starting to appear. I think solving this latest ecm will have an effect on the FTA market, not just HD receivers. But you are correct, no bin = no HD FTA receiver sales.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us