Hacking a bin

Username: Gyongye

Post Number: 3
I have years of experience in C and Basic and haven't had any problems adapting to other languages. Also have access to major test equipment and virtually any comp hardware available on the market. If I wanted to get starting hacking a bin or modifying other bins where would I start. Only positive responses please, don't need a bunch of angry forum trolls telling me I can't do it just info on the fundamentals and basics if possible.

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 515
you will need sourse code to do this!!! What is the sourse code then we can all play making bins for FTA.

Silver Member
Username: Jmontana1

Post Number: 132
hey colin that was the problem with BL fix!
he has a source of the original binary so thAT'S WHY people dont have problem coming up with new keys COZE any can use hex editor to edit the keys not coming with new bin! only BL has a source of new bins.

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
That is my point unless you have sourse you will be in dark

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 205
Not only that but the source code will be different for every receiver model / processor (STi, NEC, Conexant, etc...). Also, you must have the ability to work with encryption algorithm mathematics (this is the tricky part). And, if compiler/linkers exist for each of the different platforms, they are not made public so you would have to develop them yourself.

Your best bet would be to get a satellite card for your pc and a HD video card to hook to your TV. Then you could write the interface software and the decryption software (like Dreambox).

Bronze Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 24
Not really. I'm working as a programmer and have also been into the cracking scene. If you have a bin you can reverse engineer it if you know enough assembler. The problem is that you need the right tools, a disassembler and compiler for the model of recever you are working on.

From Gyons post I think that he is interested in the hardware/software scematics, and where he can get a compiler, what kind of encryption is used, etc. to start assembling together a place where he can start testing.

But from what I have understand there isn't anyone here with a slightest idea about the actual coding, just people who know people who knows the cousin of the guy...

Since there is a business in what Blacklist do (he get paid because he is one of the few with this information) I think it will be hard to get this information and turning it to a somewhat open source project. BUT if it does I promise you new bin files will start popping out like never before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
You can learn that math online (there are whitepapers on Nagra) but the ecm "tricks" you will have to learn on your own, or thru others willing to share.

Working with assembler... yikes! If you have a lot of time on your hands. Like I said, many processors - unless you focus only on NEC and STi (Pansat).

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
Well jason the ecm is nothing more then change in algo. So if you have sourse code then all you will have to do is run all knowen algos to the sourse then you can get fix. But if algo is unknown then you are were we are now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
That's what i meant by "ecm tricks", Colin. Some tricks are as simple as XORing, then others as as complex as putting an encrypion algorithm nested within another algorithm.

I would like to learn this stuff myself, as I program as well. But I don't know the tricks. it would be nice of some of the people on this forum who know this stuff would share....

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
Well if they shared there would be more then one making big bucks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
Good point, Colin. Sad, but true.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
And as history has proven, all closed source encryption algorithms have been cracked. I wouldn't expect this one to be any exception to that rule.

Also, I think the coders of DN are also leaking info. Imagine an ECM coder and Blacklist working together just fooling both DN and Pansat, making them belive they both making progress, increasing their paychecks...

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
Finally Ben you see the picture good job.

Bronze Member
Username: Andre_kistner

HanoverJamaica

Post Number: 17
hey what about viewsat

Silver Member
Username: Jmontana1

Post Number: 136
well viewsat is something else!

Post Number: 4
Thanks for these responses. I've been meaning to ask this question for about a year but the responses from these forums always turneed me away. Remember the crap that used to go on in alt.dss.hack, that was about the last time I used the dss forums.

Anyway I only wanted to hack bins for personal use, a bit of testing, one platform etc.. I wasn't
looking to have a fix for every STB out there but I figured if I could solve a few problems and say
for example fix a fortec then others would be able to fix other models as well.

I will look into the PC card solution. My situation is that I have the experience to code but I wanted a head start on gathering the hardware/software and information to help me do it. Really the TV thing is not that important for me, I only got in it because I had the old DTV dish and figured with the receivers being under $100 now it was worth a shot to fool around.

So finally then, any software or papers out there
on the basics or fundamentals of this technology?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Here you can find some information to get you started:

[link removed]

Bronze Member
Username: Mussawel

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 43
look guys; who cares. go bone our wife, gf, bf b4 someone does it for you!!!
LOL!!!

Post Number: 5
Jeez mussawel did you read this thread at all. Its a discussion about getting started in programming and taking the bins to open source. Its not about bin begging like the other posts. But really if you still want us to bone your wife and gf send me an email. It just so happens I'm in Toronto too and I drive.

"look guys; who cares. go bone our wife, gf, bf b4 someone does it for you!!!"

Bronze Member

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 47
Gyon K; why don't you say it loud dip-shiit; you are a fa*g*ot; what you need is a woody in your azz!!!

Bronze Member

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 48
another thing; go pay for your tv; you f*ck*ng cheapskates!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
If you're NOT into free tv, then what are you doing on this site, mussawel.

Loser. Get a hobby.

Bronze Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 81
Just ignore him, this thread has useful info and leave that way, if some one do BS just ignore
Tanks for listening,

Username: Emulatortodisintegrator

Greensboro, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 8
Wow,it was to a degree over my head but,...Jason,ben,and colin.That was a great discussion.Those are the ones i appreciate.
I am a newbie to fta but put in the time to learn how to do the emu thing with dave.I read alot as i have and will do here.Thanks to you guys here at the big ECOU.I am an average electronics guy and do get paid for it but the coding is over my head a bit right now.Thats why I and others here I gather rely on the real minds out there.Thanks. I put a pansat 2700a to good use in a few days.I am on nimiq 1 and have 150 english non repetitive channels.I can live with that.If and when the other channels come,that is a bonus.It is better than $50.00 a month for 60 channels on cable.Emulation was great but it also took awhile.It worked for 5 years for me.Any bad day in fta is better than any good day at work.Thanks to all the smarter guys.

Post Number: 6
well mussy if you're gonna sh*t on a post with a dumb one liner you might as well read it before you post it because that last one asked us to bone your wife.

Moron, go climb a tree.

Bronze Member

Any, Ny Usa

Post Number: 53
Gyon K, you can't even "cuss out" well. you most definitely is a fa*g0t!!! and know what; I would be offended that you would wanna bone my wife; first you don't know what a p*ussy look like and sorry I am not married. i just go around and fu*k all your wives and gf. as for you gyon ki, I would f*ck you bf too. so be jealous dick*wad!!!

Bronze Member

Any, Ny Usa

Post Number: 54
You a**holes call this hobby or testing. f*ck me thats BSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! you are all cheapskates!!!!!! I got a hobby; f*cking all your women & gf!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Frepair

Norco, Ca Riverside

mussawel
i see you have small brain so dont let your peebrain roll out of your ear then you wont have a brain you my eat it

Post Number: 7
don't bother with this guy, all he does is write
these two line flames to everything with a bunch of exclamation marks to really make his point. sounds like daddy didn't listen to mussy when he was growing up. now he changed his location to new york once he found out I was too close to his dirty wife. really mussy I know you're not married because who would marry a fatass with currie breath and no life outside of the forums. get off the comp, you're too angry and your brown butt is sticking to the chair from sweat and shiit.

Bronze Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 82
Gyon K:
The main thing you are lacking is the understanding of machine/assembler language. Before you jump and say "C" - I will stop you in your tracks and say "C" is not assembler of machine code - not if you are interested in hacking. Your knowledge of Basic will help, because you can write simple disassembler for any of the CPUs using On .. Gosub... command. Writing a disassembler is that simple, once you know what machine and assembly language is. Go to it - you can do it.

Bronze Member

Any, Ny Usa

Post Number: 71
Gyon KI, wats in dat f*ckin name? sounds like a coolie indian. go back to fu*king india bouy. take ROBERTA FLEAHEATER with you... your fag0t friend. furthermore bring your azzh0oles here lehme f*ck you both... I bet I cuum in less than 60 secs.

Bronze Member

Any, Ny Usa

Post Number: 72
Gyon K & ROBERTA look at both of you; fu*ckin cheapskates commin in here for freeness.

you mudderf*cker morons; I would bet anyone here in this forum that both of you are fag0ts. another thing; gyon k it is fu*ckin funny to me when you call me fat; is that PHAT. fu*kin coolie; go fetch a bag cheapskate!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Tayaran

Post Number: 26
how does a conversation starts with I am experienced in C etc and ends in you mofo? wow, I guess that is called lost in translation ...

Bronze Member

Africa, Monterrey Ivory Coast

Post Number: 99
look in the mirror TAYARAN; yea you're are seeing right; YOU ARE ONE UGLY MUDDERF*CKER!!!! and a fag0t too!!!

god definitely made you FASSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 50
Do you two just go on following each other around here, taunting & insulting each other for the fun of it, or out of boredom because the p o r n is gone?
What a senseless waste of bandwidth....hurry up Bin Buddies....I can't take much more of this!

Post Number: 8
It was a great thread until mussy took a piss on it. now he's grabbing balls so it's time to put an end and stop responding.

Bronze Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 12
This is really interesting than FREE TV!

Username: Nplistener

why can't we just let this mussy guy peee on his own and go on with the discussion? Just don't read his posts, that's all we need to do. The discussion was going really well guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Rufa33

Post Number: 28
This person "Mussawel" need to be banned. He post all kinds of BS posts all over the place and piss people off.

Gyon, I'm in the field too, I was interested to read all about other guys opinions over the subject. It's not just about TV Channels or Sat. It's about can I do it ? A challenge. Keep looking. You will find your request soon or later. Somebody will share it ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us