Dish signal problem

Username: Emulatortodisintegrator

Greensboro, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 3
Hey all.
I know this may be a basic question but I can't seem to find a sat and get any signal.I never had a problem with dir tv setup in the past.
I have a new pansat 2700a.I am using a standard 18" dish with the white eye.This dish is my only input connected directly to the receiver.
The receiver is in it's factory settings.I have not tried to load the latest bin or anything like that because I figured that I should be able to get a signal without doing that.
I have the manual but it is a little vague about the information.I do not understand what the difference is between signal level and signal quality?the best i can get with signal level is 76,but I can't get anything from signal quality.I tried a couple different sats like 61 and 110,all the same results.I did put in the proper numbers in the antenna setup menu.When i hit the signal button and go to that screen i get no signal.There is a yellow rectangle on the diplay with the signal strenth that says unlock.Not sure what that means?Tried to unlock with a button on remote next to signal button but did nothing.I have downloaded an angle calculator so i know the numbers are right but just not doing something right I guess.
Like I said i have lined up my fair share of sats but this is my first with fta and pansat 2700a.
Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Username: Sugar_daddy

Post Number: 6
yo morris.......we all have black screens...
just wait for a new fix.....like we all do....

Post Number: 4
Thanks but I know the fta is basically down.I am just trying to get mine ready.I don't think i need a fix to get a signal.Just hoping someone with 2700a or experience can help point me in the right direction.

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 176
Jeff,
go to dssrookie. com and go to pansat forum.
there is section for pansat.You will see a thread called pansat for dummies ( its not a joke)when you click on to that it will tell you step by step how to install your receiver.
Good Luck to you !!!!

Post Number: 5
Thanks justice.I will check that out.
Funny though i for the heck of it put an attenuator on the line to the receiver and the signal level went from 74 which was as high as i could get it and it went to 89.And also just for the heck of it i tried to get nimiq 1 and i found a signal quality reading for the first time.I can only get 75% though.But at least I know it's working.I really wanted sat 110 but i think i may have a tree issue.Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 181
you will not get strong signal from N.C. I am from northeast state and that is about the signal quality. Just remember bev is up north
so we will never get signal quality like people who live in new york or boston .....

Post Number: 7
Thanks again justice.
I fortunately was working of off a weeker transponder when i did find a signal.I have a few tp's that are maxed out.This is on nimiq 1.I suppose like you said from where i am it is hard getting a strong signal at 37 degrees elev. on sat 110.I am now gonna use gtrom 3.1.35 and the latest bin and see if i can get any channels at all.Just so i know that i am ready when there is a fix.Thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us