Scanning nimiq-1 is giving me DN channels not BEV??

Bronze Member
Username: Variuscr

Post Number: 21
Hello all,

I'm running a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra box with 277T BIN.

When I try and scan for Nimiq-1 (BEV), I end up with all the DN channels I used to have (just about all not working thanks to the ECM). I've tried Blind Scan and Satellite Scan.

When I pass over the satellite in Antenna Setup I can see it has 60-70% quality (as opposed to 70-80% for DN Echo 7).

Any ideas why its finding me the DN channels instead of the BEV ones ??

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 164
you have to move the dish and point it to Bev. satellite

Username: Dishman

Post Number: 1
Can any body help how much I have to move my dish to catch Bev.
It is already setup on 119 echo 7.
How many degrees above (elevation) I have to move from there?
and How many degrees left I have to move from there?
My location is Toronto Canada
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny0786

Post Number: 11
i get about 70 and i can see most of the channels

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
My dish is HUGE, so I think it is already able ot catch it without moving it...

Also since its showing me 60-70% for nimiq-1, doesn't that show I am catching it ?

Silver Member
Username: Dafee99

Post Number: 162
varius, that last post you posted made me laugh a lil..

read this

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/243663.html

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 180
In my opinion I think you still have to move your dish let say you are at 119 and trying to catch 91 that is 28 degrees difference.Or you are at 110 and trying to catch 91 that is 19 degrees that is pretty good turning for me.
May be I am wrong but it's just my opinion.
Anyways good luck to you ....

Bronze Member
Username: Sugar_daddy

Post Number: 22
good luck varius....
you have got good advice.....

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 40
Before moving your dish that is setup for Ech.7, use a permanent marker or scratch awl & mark the bracket
of the dish & the post itself & indicate E7 or something. Also mark the dish elevation marking, so that you can re-align it if E7 comes back anytime soon. Stand in front of the dish if it is practical, & use a compass & try to figure out the degree markings to the dish from exactly in front of it. Also if practical, put a stake into the ground about 30-feet in front of the dish ( exactly in line with the feed arm ( if it is a single LNB dish ). Next move to the east from where you are standing, so that the compass reading from where you were to where you are now is about 30-degrees different & put another stake in the ground ( 119 - 91 is about 30 degrees or so . ) This is about where you have to aim the dish for Nimiq 1. The elevation difference is about 12-degrees, so for here in Canada at 45-degrees north & 79-degrees west, my compass directions for
Nimiq 1 are about 208 degrees magnetic & 37-degrees elevation & for Echostar 7 they are about 240-degrees magnetic & 25-degrees elevation.
So whatever the dish is set to for E7, raise it about 12-degrees & rotate it about 30-degrees to the east. ( Careful, because if you go too far, you will hit Nimiq 2 which is at 82-degrees west &
you won't get the proper channels. ).

Bronze Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 71
Varius:
At least on Pansat clones, although you seem to be scanning Nimiq 2 or something, you are really scanning the satellite you are set up for. You will see after scanning that the information in left hand corner during switching will show the real angle. Mine is set for 8.1 (110W) and I can scan all of Nimiq 2 and get the same Dishnet channels. The infor I get is that it is Nimiq 2, but the number 110 gives it away as Echo 8.1

Silver Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 124
asked your friends to upload nimig 1 - channels - channel master
using channel master download into the receiver
select 1 program - move the disk . get good strength
rescan

Bronze Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 15
Move you dish...That what need doin....If got dn channells you pointed at dn.All morons will tell move damn dish.Bev east of dn an has been there long time.Move east not right not left east of dn.Do that mark you settings then MOVE DISH.UP LITTLE 5% OVER SOME TO LOT.20%maybe28% Signal you see is dn.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1350
ExpressVu Installation guide
http://www.kusat.com/go.php?path=/install/ev.php

Bronze Member
Username: Xcable

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 58
Look at dish which is pointed at 110.Raise elevation to 38,Then move to left to azimith 210.8 approx 2.5 inches left from 110.

Bronze Member
Username: Moe948

Post Number: 33
Quality doesn't matter. I have Nimiq 1 channels right now but I am getting quality for Echo there and Echo 6. Your dish has to be pointed at the right satellite.

Bronze Member
Username: Sting77

Post Number: 11
hi northman
i am using echo 3 and i want to go for BEV can you please tell how much i have to lower or raise the elevation and rotate it

Bronze Member
Username: Sting77

Post Number: 12
can anybody help me

Username: Dishman

Post Number: 2
Thanks everbody for the help.Mine is setup. I am getting almost 67 working channels. I had to move to
Left from 119 approx.28 degrees. but the elevation i did not change. Thanks again.

Bronze Member
Username: Azzurri

Post Number: 49
nadeem, varius
use this sat finder calculator http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Azzurri

Post Number: 51
is anyone using a DTV phase 3 dish and able to get two sat's (110 & 119)?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks for the info guys. I assumed since Antenna setup showed me signal on Nimiq-1 and Nimiq-2 it meant I was receiving them fine because I have a 90-inch diameter dish (which in another thread people here said was quite HUGE).

I guess even though it's that big, I still have to move it then....guess I'll just wait a few days more to see how a new BIN for DN comes along, if nothing then I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the info/help.

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 42
Hey Nadeem, to get to Nimiq 1 ( 91-degrees ) from Echostar 3 ( 61.5-degrees ) you have to move the dish 41 degrees farther to the west & about the same elevation ( about 1-1/2-degrees higher ). Where I am at 45-degrees north & 79-degrees west, E3 is at 167-deg. magnetic at 35.3-deg. up & N1 is at 207.75-deg. mag. & 36.8-deg. up.

Username: Cook

Post Number: 2
sounds like you forgot to delete all the existing channels out of your receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us