Proscan 52" problem help please

Username: Mrferrit

Post Number: 2
i just got a proscan 52" model ps52652 with a chassis # ptk169pdbs and it worked fine 3 days ago when i got it amd last night it got horizontal lines and then a colorfull tornado all over and arching noise and shut off came one again waited a min. and did it again. can anyone help me out with whats going on
much appreaciated
dennis

Username: Sptrout

Spring, TX

Post Number: 1
I had a 52" Proscan a few years ago (I cannot confirm if it was the same model as yours), but it had the exact same problem that you describe. Unfortunately, I had to send this unit to the repair shop three or four times (each time took a week or so to turnaround). Each time it would work for a few weeks then the problem would repeat. I thought that it was the power supply arching, but the technician said that it was something else (I don't remember what).

The technician finally gave-up and convinced the underwriter of my extended warranty to replace the unit (just a couple weeks before the extended warranty expired). At that time, the only thing on the market with comparable features was the just released 52" RCA HD Monitor/TV (4x3 screen). So I was lucky in the end (got a new HD TV), but we went through a lot of pain before getting there. Sorry,

Username: Mrferrit

Post Number: 3
thanks for the response do you remember if your problem was the hv splitter?

well got home last night and it did it again and then shut off and now it wont come back on at all
any advice would be appreaciated thanks
dennis

Username: Sptrout

Spring, TX

Post Number: 2
I'm sorry, but the technican never said what the problem was, except to say it was not the power supply as I had thought.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same TV - - The ProScan we had was an analog TV with an internal line doubler, which made the picture look great. (This was back before digital TV). The screen was 52", but the speakers were mounted on the side so the total size was much larger than a standard 52" TV.

I think the technican did knew how to fix the problem, but the problem kept returning. He was also aware that our extended warranty was about to expire so he made sure that the extended warranty company (not RCA or ProScan, but an independent) replaced our TV instead of continuing to try to fix the problem (even though according to him, they wanted him to keep fixing it until it the extended warranty expired).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us