T5 quality level

Bronze Member
Username: Bingo2006

Post Number: 14
Just switched to T5 for the soccer game and found quality levels on different transponders are not the same; some are around 40 or 60, but others are below 15. Any idea why? I am using 36" dish.
thanks in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Can anybody help me? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 38
39-inch dishes are better, but both would be inconsistent with LNBs with more than .3dB noise.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
my lnb has 0.5dB noise, maybe that is the reason. thanks northman.

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 159
go to sadoun.com and there is forum that might help you.It sounds like you might have to adjust
your dish.But remember not all the transponder has same signal.But with 36" you should have better signal than you are getting.I have motorized dish with 32" dish and never had signal that low.Try that that site.I believe that has installation tips as well. Good Luck...

Bronze Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 39
I've never had much luck with .5dB LNBs unless the transponders are particulary powerful. On G10 Ku, the transponder with Retro Jams & the Pax stations need all of the help they can get, so make sure to be vey precise with aiming on any Ku satellite, and also make sure the throat of the LNB is all the way back ( as far away from the dish as possible, & making contact with the clamp ). I've also found that some dishes need to have the feed arm adjusted ( pulled back a bit, so that the LNB is aiming right at the centre of the dish ( make a
mark at halfway from top to bottom ). Before bending the feed arm, measure the distance from the center mark to the original arm position & write it down for future reference, then mount the
LNB & look from behind the LNB to the dish & see if it looks like it is aimed at the center or not, then try moving it out an inch & see where it aims at. I had to do this on a couple different makes of Ku dishes to get them to perform better with .5dB LNBs. Of course, the .3dB ones are a bit better, if they are truly .3dB & not just labelled that way.

Username: Blierso

Post Number: 5
"Bin Go"
With your 36" dish and a Universal LNBF you should be able to get about 80 quality on the East Coast. Put your receiver on a weak quality transponder and play with the dish and LNB. The LNB's should be rotated to about 5 O'Clock position looking from the front of the dish.
Good luck !!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks guys.
I setup my dish based on the information from sadoun.com: Elevation:32.8 Azimuth:211.3+15(for compass reading, montreal, quebec) LNB Pol. Tilt:21.3(counterclock wise). My dish previously pointed to G3C and Echo121, I had no problem getting 80+ quality. I didn't play with the receiver setup except LNB Type to Universal 1 (which works for G3C & 121). Don't know why it is so difficult for T5.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us