Ready for final purchase!

Username: Hrvatski11

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, I've been looking for a while now at new tv's to replace my old 27" crt in the living room. I'm ready to make a purchase and would really appreciate any help in further narrowing down the following choices or examining any others that I have yet to consider. Thanks!!!

1. Sony KFE42A10- $1700.00 (CAD) 42"
Pro's:Largest screen, reliable company, good price
Con's:Different technology than others

2. Acer AT3705-DTV- $1960.00 (CAD) 37"
Pro's:1920x1080 resolution, nice design, good audio, lots of inputs
Con's:Most expensive, less reputable brand

3. Panasonic Viera TC32LX60C- $1760.00 (CAD) 32"
Pro's:Good audio, 3000:1 contrast
Con's:Nothing too bad but not too outstanding also

4. Samsung LNS3252D- $1760.00 (CAD) 32"
Pro's:Reliable company, 4000:1 contrast
Con's:Similar to Panasonic above

5. Sharp Aquos LC37DB5U- $1670.00 (CAD) 37"
Pro's:Best price, good picture
Con's:Low 800:1 contrast

Username: Hrvatski11

Post Number: 2
Update:
After reading around a bit on the boards it is clear that so many people are experiencing problems with the Sony KFE--A10 series so I am now hesitant in getting that one. It may be too big anyways.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/137540.html

I'll also add that the bottom three televisions are all so similar in their performance that any furthur evaluation of them would be helpful. I'd say the Samsung with 4000:1 contrast has a bit of an edge.

As of now I'm leaning towards the Acer with good screen size (37") and 1080p compatability, even though 1080p is not really necessary for such a "small" tv. And yes I know that it doesnt accept true 1080p signals but w/e. Even though its the most expensive its still reasonably priced for what you get. You can have a look at it here:
http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0,39037585,39259700p,00.htmL

Lastly I'm also wondering how long I can expect these tv's to last and if/what/when I will need to replace parts in them. Which model will cost the most to replace the bulb(?) and which will need replacing the soonest. Do they all have only one bulb(?) that needs to be replaced or one for each red, green, and blue? Unless its a completely different part all together?

Thanks and please bear with a relative newb like me. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 97
If I were you I would stick to Samsung. Who makes Acer? Too risky for me. You will have to do research on bulb replacement costs unless someone on this board just happens to know the costs of bulbs for various sets off the top of their heads.

I have come to the conclusion that these new sets are not built for longevity. Five years and out. In five years new technology will be here and the current sets are just too finicky. Just look at the gripes from people with all kinds of brands on this site.

Also, Samsung has larger sets available if that is what you want. I believe they have a 47".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us