About putting bin files on receiver

Username: Nolimit

Post Number: 3
If a Bin comes out and I were to fix my forsat 2500 ultra receiver by connecting it to the computer, what would i need to do it correctly(a program?). I am going to be doing it for my first time so i'm just wondering if anybody can help a brother out.

Thanks in advance because this forum seems to be helpful

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3739
I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Most Fortec and Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird, Pansat 2700/3500 and some other receivers use null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port #1 if you can.

3. If you do not have a working SERIAL port, you must install one or use a computer that has one. Usb ports do NOT usually work, except on rare ocassions with an adapter.

4. Use the appropriate loader. (BL updater 1.4)

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver. (Pansat clone bin 278T)

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number. Most Blackist updaters do Not require this.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the BACK switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download. Timing is critical and many vary.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Then scan the satellites U are aimed at, ....set the default key.......set the correct date/time / time zone....watch TV..

Silver Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 106
Lk - understood
thanks
do we got new bin?

Username: Nolimit

Post Number: 4
where can i get that BL updater 1.4 from?

I don't have a com 1 on the back of my tower so i'll take my chances with a DB9 female to USB.

thanks bro

Silver Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 119
no not yet aanaa. just keep checking here and you'll no when the new bin comes out.

Silver Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 120
limits

go to google and put in BL updater 1.4

there's lots of sites there for you

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1122
How about a little pre warning too for the folks who have clones. DO NOT load the first Pansat bin that comes along. Wait (as hard as it is going to be to do) for the CLONE SAFE BIN!!!
Otherwise you'll be in jtag country.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1257
lol jtag country lol

Username: Kukkudo

Post Number: 6
so when loading a new bin when it says app file channel list or boot which one would it be

Bronze Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 49
which loader do u have shane?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us