Best low dollar reciever???

Username: Daddyoof4

Post Number: 2
I would like some feed back on what would be the best reciever to buy if you are on a tight budget? Who has the best support? I been using a Fortec Star LT classic NA, I can purchase it for $100.00. I see there is little suport for it and I don't hear anything good about it on the boards.

Any feedback would be helpfull.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3724
Captive works has best support for cheap receivers...but U will regret buying a cheap receiver!...a Fortec is the worse receiver U could buy!...BUY one of these...

Viewsat extreme...$145 at www.globalwholesalers.com
Viewsat platinum
Coo*lsat 5000

Post Number: 3
Any feedback would be helpfull.

Bronze Member
Username: Dishnewb

Post Number: 44
Personally I would tell you to hold on to your money. Unless you are a ture hobbiest and are mostly intrested in FTA programming then it doesn't really matter what you buy. But if you are buying to only reciver decrypted DN or b*V programming then wait until a fix for this new ECM comes out. That sould give an indication to the future of FTA and it's use of Decrypting signals. Final choice is up to you...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3725
sorry wrong addy above...check these out!..

http://www.globalwholesalers.biz/receivers.htm

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 106
Don't forget to add Pansat to that list. Although I'd stay away from the 2500 and go with the 2700. Good support there.

Silver Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 117
yea i hav had viewsat extreme for a long time and its usally the first one to get the bin. its fast and has cool features.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3728
I no longer endorse any Pansat product based on the quality of their bins and their extemely poor EPG and other poor features support....along with the 2 hour publicity stunt BL and Pansat pulled last ECM when he released the new bins..we all know those bins were already tested and could have been released earlier...NOBODY miracously returns and within 2 hours has a fix that took others weeks to assemble..

Post Number: 4
Thanks for all the input. I think I will wait for a fix and see what happens and then decide.

I think it will be:
PANSAT 2700A
or
VIEWSAT VS2000 EXTREME

Gold Member

Post Number: 3730
That Pansat does NOT compare to either of the Viewsats!...the 2700 is only a slight improvenment over the 2500...its already outdated and very slow processor!

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 143
you can get a viewsat platinum off ebay for 129.99 with free shipping it just as good as the extreme unless you like the black case of the extreme better

Bronze Member
Username: Dishnewb

Post Number: 46
If you want to buy a recvier then go with LK's recomendations:
Viewsat 2k Extreme/Plat
C*OlSat 5k/6k

Or maybe wait for the VS-7000 PVR unit.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1262
I love my pansat is as my old volkswagen. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us