TheDSSguy and Mr. Viewsat

Username: Rizzo60

Post Number: 1
I'm just wondering with all these copy and paste from variuos sites, where in the world are people getting their info from? What site does theDSSguy post at. I would rather read this stuff with my own eyes rather then see a C/P. Can anyone tell me where this stuff comes from?

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1105
Oh, LK is going to be very cross with you Pete...
What's the first rule of eCoustics: Read.
And the second: Read.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the info...just new hear. Didn't mean to rock the boat but I keep reading all this rumour mill stuff here and other sites and it's always copy and paste or "I heard". I just wanted to read this info with my own eyes. I do a google search on theDssguy etc..and come up empty. I'm a seeing is believing type of person. Sorry if I broke any rules.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1107
No worries Pete, I was only having fun.
Most sites have their own guru who is in the 'know'.
Check out any one of them listed and you'll start to find the original posts.

Username: Cyberx

Post Number: 5
Ahhh Jeez totalfta is where viewsat updates are..

Silver Member
Username: Dafee99

Post Number: 145
dssguy posts a lot on totalfta. com
there he mentions about the fix...
he makes it appear as if he know the man, or is a contact....

there you will find around 3 or 4 key posts that contain all the info contained in all forums..

so far the info he has given, so even his info is no only rumors...

anyhow, he posts such post as. coders are on the 7th pg and only needs two more.
the coders are 95% done but the coder has to sleep. the coder just woke up...

seems he is as exited and anxious like we all are to get a fix..

when viewsat gets a fix, he is probably going to be the first one posting on every site..

cool

Bronze Member
Username: Solito

Post Number: 32
I have a superdish (119, 110, 121) . And when i hook up to my receiver, normal one which comes with dishnetwork i get the signal and everything is good. My signal strength is 102. But when i connect the Viewsat receiver, the signal strength and quality are in the 80 range.

But i was still able to do a blind scan and get the channels, but the problem is after 10 or 15 minutes of viewing, the satelite connection is lost and it says checking for satelite.

If i switch off and on the power on the back of the receiver, it is fine for a minute or two and again it does the same.

Anyway knows what is going on ? Any help is appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 27
sorry cant no help

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the info: I guess "Mr. Viewsat" is also known as "Da Salesman" ?? or is that someone else.

I just bought my viewsat extreme and have to say I'm quite happy with it. I bought my original receiver from some clown here in Southern, Ontario in Tapleytown. The guy told me the box was a Pantec 2500 clone, which I believed being a little ignorant about FTA. After opening the box and doing some reading I found out it was some modified older Blackbird board, a clone of a clone I guess you could call it. It worked okay with Pantec bins but I finally went with the Viewsat and must say it's an improvement over the crap that was sold to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us