Becoming a coder

Username: Bingo2006

Post Number: 6
are there any good websites to start with? and how can we get help from "underground" sources?

p.s. i am embedded system engineer and know it is not a easy job.

Bronze Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 33
I was just talking to a friend about this and he told me something that got me thinking. If everyone had the developer kits then there would literally be hundreds of bins out there, thats the good news. The bad news is that quality control would be practically nill. You have no idea if what you are loading into your FTA is garbage that would end up destroying your box. In that scenario Jtag makers would be making a killing.
Having only a few select coders while slower and more time conuming, does garantee a some quality to the product. Blacklist and Chansysand among others are paid by the FTA makers to produce quality bins, so they have a vested interest to crank out good code of a certain quality. the sme cannot be said in the case of thousands of coders cranking out hundreds of bins a week.
Just my two cents.

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 54
You don't have to jtag a dreambox. They already thought of that before the prototype was produced.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 160
In the computer world, we have something called "open source", where the source code is available to everyone, anyone can contribute, but only one "package" is put out or updated. It's been working very well. Too bad dss didn't have an equiv.

Post Number: 7
Open Source is definitely the way we should go. The only obstacle is from those FTA gurus; they simply don't want to share such info with public.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3706
FTA is BIG BUSINESS...the coders/engineers are paid very well and part of their employment is keeping the source code SECRET....just like DTV and their engineers have done..in fact legal and judicial actions could be taken against them...FTA is no bargain basement Hobby like building model cars!...get real....THINK!

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 251
So what you are saying is that "coders/engineers" are being paid by FTA companies?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3710
OF COURSE!....these are NOT basement slugs who do this as a HOBBY!....these are Professional engineers who have much lab equipment and facilities who travel first class when needed...SUITS!

Post Number: 8
LK - if what you've said is true, i really don't see the future for FTA when legal actions are taken someday.
one thing i don't understand: if "the coders/engineers are paid very well and part of their employment", why takes so long for them to come up with new fixes?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3716
Like I said...this is NOT a basement "model car" hobby...this is BIG BUSINESS and very technical!

Coding this is not like making your own activation or 3M in the old DTV days!

FTA is not meant to hack DN and Bev....its used commonly for many years in poor countries where there is NO subscribed pay TV...thats why its called FREE TO AIR!

Username: Uncrase

Post Number: 2
Bin Go, the fact that the coders are paid very well does mean they can move mountains. Remember, it takes Dave lots of fairly paid resources and manhours to come up with ECMs and other ways to trick us. We should consider ourselves fairly lucky we come up with solutions in such a relatively short time with the few coders that are around.

PS I completely second the Open Source idea!

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1476
Well you guys are on the right road that's for sure. We had the source code for the Fortec and the Silver Bullets. That's how we kept them going. Then Ariza changed it. That was the end of the units. They did that because they wanted to come out with their new ones. They even offered a fair upgrade.

The reason that a fix sometimes takes a while is mainly two reasons. They keep changing the algorythm and the stream data. And there's no use putting out a new EMU or bin that's only going to last for a day or two. Might as well wait till they are through, then the update will last a couple of weeks or so. This will always be an ongoing game just like it always has been.

As long as there is money to be made by the manufacturers of FTA units, they will always pay to have their units updated. When sales drop to nothing or there's no more money to be made, me and a few others will be out of a job (or hobby) and you will no longer have free TV. Just like DTV, only that was because of the lawsuits and jail time.

The world moves on, nothing stays the same.

Username: Kick_out

Bin_Go,

You just started a good thread.
If you are interested in decoding, do go ahead. See where it will take you. Create your own bin.

Everybody have there own agenda.

You might be the guy we are looking for.

Username: Mike007

Post Number: 6
Bin_GO,
I was looking for the source code too. If anybody finds anything please share with the open source community. I have almost 10 yrs experience in C and Java, expert level knowledge in Linux and encryption/decryption mechanism (public key - private key encryption, kerberos, MD5,X509 certificates etc). So if you find something, we can open up a small group to do some reaserach. :-) I am 110% sure that it will not be easy job to do, but we can still try.

Regards

Username: Chackboom

No one wants to pay you. What you want to do it? You just like jail time?

Post Number: 9
chack boom,

FTA is a hobby......
If there is money later, that is just a bonus.

Bronze Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 86
i agree with that kick out

Username: Chackboom

Post Number: 3
You should be "Kicked Out" here. FTA is a hobby. Cracking DishNetwork could be a hobby too. Cracking bank web site could be a very good hobby. There is lots of money later. Big bonus.

Username: Alienloco666

Sunrise, Florida USA

Hey
Same here...I remember the good old days of emulation for Direct TV ( Dave )
I did some codes back then, I will love to start doing again as a hobby, not to make money, I have a good job...
Any new post with good info will be great !
Alien

Silver Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 118
chack boom

i know where your heading but these days everyones after the money. there are some people who do it for fun but i think mostly everyone's in it for the money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I should be kicked out. For what??? for not saying yes to your opinion?.. unless you are the owner of this site...
Why are you so affraid of new decoder???...
Making money now?..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1480
Hey, if you want to be a "coder", here's a good place to start.

www.tuxbox.org

If you can read and have the smarts to do it, that's the place to start. Let me know how you guys make out. We're always looking for new people.

Bronze Member
Username: Trackster1991

Post Number: 55
Maple leaf so you mean that this could be the end of free tv.

Bronze Member
Username: Trackster1991

Post Number: 56
so if you have the fortec bin why not let the people use the bin maple leaf.

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 252
Many people see this as a hobby just like DTV was, and if more people are able to make new bins then it'll be a way to preserve it as what it is.. A hobby

Gold Member

Post Number: 3745
hey ...how do u guys make words BOLD and do some of this stuff..I don't see any of those tools here...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1482
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well you guys are on the right road that's for sure. We had the source code for the Fortec and the Silver Bullets. That's how we kept them going. Then Ariza changed it. That was the end of the units. They did that because they wanted to come out with their new ones. They even offered a fair upgrade.

Did you read that part?????

Harry jay jackson

Bronze Member
Username: Punjavi_doo

Post Number: 59
on shaded area below Preview Post Message

click "Formating Tips"

then click "Text Formatting"

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1264
/b hello

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1265
/b{hello}

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1266
hello weeeeeeee I can do it! lol

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1267
Nites to all the FTA guys and girls

Bronze Member
Username: Min

Post Number: 40
EVA are u bore or drunk girl ...
nice to see u...

Username: Icainc

Post Number: 4
There is a way to write your own coding. Right now I am working on something. It took me several weeks to find the program to do it. I still need to find a way to figue out how to read the stream. Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Randomx

Post Number: 4
through all of this for the past year, 102 rom apps are the only ones that either aren't affected or are fixed immediately. If you can't wait for FTA fixes, look into it. It's a wee more complicated, but proven to be more reliable. It's been rumored that many older boxes will be outmoded shortly by shear processing speed requirements. If it happens with a desktop PC almost every year, it's definitely going to happen with FTA boxes. "Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
All good things must come to an end - see DAVE

Username: Alienloco666

Sunrise, Florida USA

Hey
I got all the info, and I am going to play and see if I can learn how to fix the bins....
Again just as a hobby.
Thanks all
Alien

Bronze Member
Username: Indigo_man

Post Number: 19
--------------------------------------------------
hey ...how do u guys make words BOLD and do some of this stuff..I don't see any of those tools here...

...lol LK this is basic HTML codes...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us