Getting a signal on a dish 500

Username: Madleg

Post Number: 1
ok i read these forums and saw the link to aim your dish towards http://satcalculator.freehostia.co/ add m. i went with those and had no luck getting any better than 84%,0%. i have a pansat2500a with a used dish 500 with dual LNB, i have it connected with 1 wire to the LNB(left side) straight to the box. do i need to connect to the other as well and do i need any other device to pick it up. i tried to fine tune it with no luck. in chicago, i'm going for 110 and 119

ps btw i tried this site as well http://www.ideamaster.com/budget/dishaim.h add tm

Post Number: 2
do i need to get a DiseqC for both LNB's will that help with my problem? plz any help would be greatly apreciated. been out on the roof for 4 hours got nothing accept a sunburn to show for it. thx for any help

Post Number: 3
its a twin LNB not dual.

its my only day off this week plz help out :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 74
You have twin LNB DP ? So you have DiseqC build in . You only need to point your dish right direction to get signal and watch TV .

LNB set up:-(c/p)

Satellite: ECHO 6,8(110)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#2
Skew: O
TP: leave it as is
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 7(119)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#3
Positioner-Disable

C/p:
Many FTA users choose to use DishPro switches and LNBs. This is because they have often switched to FTA from company-issue Dish Network equipment. Whatever the reason, they can be used with FTA receivers as long as they contain the DishPro logo on either the switch or the LNB.

If you use a DishPro switch/LNB, you will need to use a channel list that is different from the one that most users use. This is because in order to allow the receiver to work with all channels, all transponders must operate on right polarity and the frequencies of the left polarity transponders must be changed to values above 12.7 GHz.

hope this help

Post Number: 4
i have twin DishPro LNBs, the one side says 110 and the other side says 119 on the out side of the LNB mounts. i currently have the cable going into 110 side and set both to give me the best signals
Satellite: ECHO 6,8(110)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#2
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 7(119)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#2
Positioner-Disable

i tried yours but my 119 doesnt get any signal that way. i have it straight from the sat 110 LNB to my receiver in. why do they label each LNB on there like that? do i need a switch to get both?

any recommendations on a site for channel lists?

Post Number: 5
with it that way i get 82% signal and like 95% quality. getting channels(did a blind scan on the satellite) the channel numbers change it seems when i try to go back to a channel i found sorta sucks trying to find the same channel again. thx for any help!

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 75
" Satellite: ECHO 7(119)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#2
Positioner-Disable "

you set 110 with LNB "DiseqC-#2". Why 119 still set "DiseqC-#2" . I do believe 2 Sat. can not assign same Port .

*** Pansat Receiver, you get 82% signal . It is OK I guess .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us