Suddenly Back and White

Username: Liverpud

Post Number: 4
I bought a new DVD player: Toshiba SD3860 2 wks ago.
I played Saving Private Ryan for 10 mins and the picture was perfect. I have a simple RCA video
(yellow) cable connected directly to the TV.
Not using compo video or S-video. It worked before but now (today)I only get a black and white picture.
The audio is dolby digital. Perfect. I even tried
Fight Club and Dark City legit DVDs and I re-connected w/ another yellow video cable and still no luck. I adjusted the colour tv settings and still no colour. Is there a solution or did I purchase a lemon ? Picture and audio is perfect, just the colour disappeared on me (?)

Post Number: 5
RCA cables are garbage. I tried to connect w/ S-video and it worked. However, I am using the S-video for my satellite. Other option is getting component video.
As long as I have the green/blue/red video plugins at the back of my dvd and tv, this will get my colour back ?
Thanks

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
it should be ok to get your color back using component connection, but you have to select either interlace or progressive depending on whether your TV accept progressive. The RCA connection could also be caused by the unstable signal due to the setting of progressive or interlace. you can try the RCA connection again but switch to progressive setting and then back to interlace setting to see whether you can get back the color using RCA connection.

Post Number: 6
Alex,
You rule !! I had V2 Component YES on my TV Setup.
I changed it back to NO and the colour came back. Thanks. Aso, the switch on the rear of the Toshiba DVD was unmarked (no label) but by pushing it left that is for progressive and right for interlaced.
Now I know. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us