ECM changes

Bronze Member
Username: Ariza

Post Number: 56
How often is it going to happen from now on? And is DN going to make a permanent file immune to ECM changes?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
lol i wrote "DN" by accident, i meant are receiver providers (such as ariza) going to provide a permanent file immune to ECM changes?

Username: Ganjaman

Post Number: 2
A bin immune to ECMs is virtually impossible. The coder would have to be psychic to predict future ECMs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
lol i see people chatting about it on these boards

Post Number: 3
Bins can be written to overcome a particular type of ECM.

For example, a key change is a particular type of "counter measure" that DN can take. You may recall in earlier times when a key change required a new bin release. Then there were manual key entry screens. Now, the autoroll bins were written to deal with ALL key changes.

If the ECM is totally designed from scratch, this would be a major ECM (like DN's recent flagbyte/CMD07 tampering). DN seems to throw the same punch several times for a few months, so a bin to overcome similar attacks would be good. However that would only last until the next major ECM.

Believe me, there will never be an "ECM proof" bin. Thats why this is so much fun!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 52
You need something private written by a coder with a rom 102 image file in the bin. Just like eye 3ms held up for the better part of a year this would hold up for a long time if it was written properly. Dish just targets the fixes everyone uses that's why everyone gets hit at the same time. Hopefully these coders will in time develop something known as street smarts and anticipate most things dish will try in the future.

Post Number: 4
Even if there was an "ECM proof" bin, I'm not so sure that I like the implications. No more equilibrium. Isn't this the logical sequence of events after the bin is released?

1. The word would spread (No more upd;
2. Everyone (lazy people who would otherwise avoid this scene) would get FTA boxes;
3. DN Subscriptions would plummet;
4. DN would change their product or more likely go out of business
5. No free TV for anybody

So you see, a perfect bin is the worst thing that could happen to the testing community.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 158
Those are good points, Ganjaman. In the end, business rules dictate all.

Bronze Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 97
Truth is bitter sometimes, ganjaman!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us