Anyone who knowsw about this

Bronze Member
Username: Sefer

Post Number: 13
someone please help me, ever since i bought this dish i have a pansat 2700a receiver and a fortec star sattelite dish and i have been searching and trying to get a signal to get american channels from like ppv, hbo, and so on but i can't get the signal for echo or dirctv sattelites , but i just cant get the signal, so please someone help me i live in saint louis

Bronze Member
Username: Koooltec

Post Number: 43
In this situation there could be alot of things that u didnt do right. one could be if u set up the sat the right way in the right direction. secondly , it could depend on the installation, maybe u have a swtich and for each sat u have to know which port is being used by what sat. Its really hard to tell where the problem is. i am pretty sure that its not the reciever. its some thing that deals with installation. Check if u have the cable coming from sat going into the right spot (the LNB IN) . if not then u have to get a pro to check this out for u.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well teh only satelite that i get a signal for is T5/ku so the sat is setup right and i checked the cables they are going into the right spot and about those swithches i have no idea

Username: Midsy

Post Number: 2
if u are so new to fta,u better start do some reading ,and what is ur ird model?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
well , all sats have to connect to one swtich either a DISeq or some other one i forgot the name , and then one cable goes to the reciever , Now in the installation when u search recievers , u have to specify which port of the switch is this specific sat connected to , so that it can read it from there . go out and check the switch , if u still dont know , i think u should ask someone who could come over and help u , because this is the most help i can give out from here , sorry. good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
but if i did that wrong i wouldnt be able to get a signal from any sat and i can watch channels on t5/ku, so all of that is right i just cant find a signal for american channels, for american sattelites

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
no because , the receiver might only read the slot where ur t5 is connected to as it might be the main one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i did get amc too and t6/ku i cant find echo or directv

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
then i dont know man , gotta get a pro into this , sorry

Username: Hatim

Post Number: 1
You are using a leaner LNB you need a Circular LNB for other Sats.

Good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i have a circular LNB, just cant find the damn signal for echo or directv

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3658
Read one of the thousands of pansat setup guides found here and other DSS sites...then use the sat finder files found at all DSS sites...then get on the roof and adjust your dish LNB's and run the cables and switches and setup your receiver..

No need to be here posting for help when U haven't even bothered to read, which is OBVIOUS!...U can train a monkey to setup a pansat 2700 and get the 110 (echo 8/10)-119 (echo 7) birds..

and U cannot ever get DirectV, its not hacked!

and dishnet has a ECM going on now, so u won't get PPV's , international or adult channels. but U can get the rest..now go away and get smart and READ...quit being lazy and hanging around here waiting for someone to drop some crumbs that u can pick up..show some effort on your own...your ignorance and laziness shines bright...I dislike lazy newbies!

Bronze Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 31
Dear Sefer: From what I have read, Circular LNB is needed for the new bird AMC 16 at 118.8, which is close to the angle of 119, but may have a different inclination. If you are going on the roof, you might try to point to it. You aill get some new channell there and some real FTA foreign channels, which are probably not affected by the current ECM problems.
Look at Lyng*sat listings for echo 7/AMC 16 for more info.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
FYI LK, i'm not new to tjis stuff, I owned a dish for about 4 and something years, but it was different from this system and i was looking around and trying to get a signal on echo for about a month or so adjusting the sat and everything and i still couldnt get signal, so i thought i would ask for a some help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us