ECM fix

Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 1
Hello guys. I want to know how to decomplie a bin and create a fix. Can anyone tell me a place to go to to learn about this?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3638
Takes years of learning...there are no coder schools..

Post Number: 2
So, LK, where do the modders learn it from?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 153
At dsstester*com you can get a utility called "FTA bin editor". It's found under FTA Utilities link (2nd page in i think). Unfortunately, it's tricky to get it to work because there's no readme and you have to register a few dlls. Good luck.

Post Number: 3
Thx Jason.

Post Number: 4
Thx, Jason

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 86
Omar San
theres a program out there made for fta files some dude created but I forgot the name... mean time... if you're a coder, I assume you know a bin file can be opened by a binary / hex editor. google your way to an editor and good luck.

Vini

Post Number: 5
Ok, Vini, I have a hex editor, ill try that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3640
The writers have a good mathmatical background to begin with and many have gone to school for engineering...In the OLD DTV days, private classes were held on line to write code...some coders mentor a few select individuals now..

as mentioned, there are files such as bin editor and hexworkshop that u can use, but they will not teach U how to write code ...they are just tools to use..

Post Number: 6
Surely one of these "mentors" have written documents which can be found on l*mewire, or on the internet no?

Bronze Member
Username: Xcable

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 25
Those were the days,LK I remember those classes.That was just before No1 came out with the hu unlooper.I think Hs were still in use and a ride to Walmart would get you a complete system with card,for 49.99 Haaaaaaaa.

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 70
I think first,
One have to know how to write OP code . Then about numbers of two groups 00&01(Pansat, called KEY #) how does it work (for Ex. first group number "00" that called public key
(these number both owner & creater (programmer) know . And group number of "01" only owner know .
Two group number add/subtract/devide ==> "other number" . This is a real number which is a key
to open a door OR called decrypt . But there are many way to create "other number" !!! Just simple, who wants to know how to open a door, should have to know how to close and lock a door .

Gold Member

Post Number: 3645
Bins, files etc,Its all written in binary code which is not 1+1=2 ytpe mathmatics.....look up binary codes, to get a sample...its extensive..

keys 00 and 01 are produced by DN and Bev and copied into the binary codes (bins)when the bin is initially released...the keys are set as the "default key"...and autoroll features are binary coded directing any new keys to be "sensed", captured and entered into specific locations within the binary code file...

Bronze Member
Username: Pakithegreat

Post Number: 32
I used old bin and just change key. NO AUTOROLL, but works great for now.

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50088&d=1148537617

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
i have tried it on fortec ultra

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i am getting most channels on 110 and 119, use at your own risk

Bronze Member
Username: Solito

Post Number: 13
i have some experience programing in C++, and itake a look of some bin files but is out of my expertise... need more help

Bronze Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 71
I think you have to find a "source code" of any BIN file and Auto roll file If you want to determine what language was used.

They used Hexadecimal for key number (as we did input) but after ALU, who know what type of number they used for out put ... Bin, or Hex ... ? So that why I tell you to find a "Source code" . If you have a "source code" , key is in your hand. And next step, you must know how does receiver work .
C (++) is low language, due with object not use for OP (I guess)

That is my 1 cent idea .

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 155
The programming language is machine language, and each receiver brand may speak a different language depending on the manufaturer of processor they use. That's why a bin for a Viewsat won't work on a Pansat.

You have to have the specs on the chip in order to be able to program it. As for the video processing commands, you have to know some fancy mathematics called encryption algorithms (algorithms are like recipes). These latest ECMs change the algorithms.

Your receiver has three basic files: boot, bin, and channel list. Boot gets the receiver up-and-running, bin is like the equivalent of a computer's operating system, and channel list is self-explanitory.

There is no autoroll file. Autoroll, autoTP, etc are features built in to the bin. Keys also go into the bin.

Because the receivers are so proprietary, I hear (I'm trying to learn this stuff myself) that if you want to test it's best to start with a computer and a satellite card, then you can use a higher-level language like C++ to program, instead of machine code.

That's all that I know, so far, but I'm interested in learning myself, so if anyone has anything to add, or any insight, that would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 27
If you are serious about hacking a binary code, you should start with learnig binary code. C language, while considered to be a language for programmers, is still a "higher " language when looked at from the point of view of hacking.
Look at 8086 machine code and 8086 assembler to start with and you will get an idea about machine code. Machine (hex number) code is not difficult to understand. Each of the processors used in the receivers will have different machine code, but in general the machine code for these small dedicated CPUs will be simpler than the 8086 code.
Once you have understood machine code, use the editor sugested above to decompile the old BIN and understand what is goin on. This whole process will be about 200-300 hours of study. After that, it is partly luck and partly genius to see the security features and combat them. Once you are blooded in battle, you will be addicted to hacking.
You can join a hacker's web site.

Username: Joesmith

Post Number: 1
Just from the size of the bin files (over 300KB) suggest they are written in someting higher then assembly languages. To hack/patch a bin file, you need to dis-assebmly it back to the orginal language code and figure out which part(s) needs to be modified. The hack can be in machine code, assembly code or the high level language (C or C++).

Bronze Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 72
Any language will be transfered(compiler) to machine language (called OP-code or machine code) before excecuse . Due to limited of receiver OP(file is small)One must narrow down a road to go is how to get a "soure code" for a reference . That is called learning from the past for easy/short way to go. It will save a large time (Ex. A Codec team (BL)before went in right way to write a BIN file, they had to have spend much much time in this job)

Bronze Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 34
Dear Joesmith: BIN is abbreviation of Binary, and everybody knows that a BIN file is the native machine language code of the CPU. When you do a dis-assembly as you suggested, what you are doing is to bring before your eyes, the actual machine language code, but not in Hex but in a more understandable language lcalled assembly language. That is the close to Hex language. Look at C code and it is nowhere near the assembly and Hex language. When codes in C language or other higher languages are compiled they become machine or Hex code.
I still maintain that to understand a CPU you need to know assembly language and a bit of machine language. To be a hacker you need to KNOW THESE, whatever other tools you might use.
As to 300KB, you will find that any code written in C or C+ compiles to 10 times the size of similar function code written in Assembler. Unfortunately, Microsoft's endorsment of C+ as the language in thir programming enviroment, has led to more C programmers than Assembly language programmers, and humungous dlls and other libraries.
BL and other similar people have one hidden advantage. When they come to a situation where the speed is the critical issue, they will be able to take large chunks of the BIN (originally compiled from C) and redo them in Assembler (machine code) which would execute faster and save space.
Conclusion: FTA and your receivers are not to be written off yet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Nalin, you say assembler language is not difficult to understand ? Is near to machine and far from de human language. Is Very hard.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I have some C files (source code) for pensat. Is realy BIG. 100 files to make one bin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us