Projection TV keeps going off

Username: Ddean

Post Number: 1
My Phillips projection tv runs for about 2 hours and shuts off. The on/off switch flashes but when I try to turn the tv back on it shuts off. After a little while it will play again. It worked fine until my 19 month grandson got a hold of the remote. The sleep mode and timers are in the off mode. Any help would be appreciated!

Username: Shope16

St. marys, Ga Us

Post Number: 1
I am having a similiar problem with my set please let me know if you found the problem. Thanks

Username: Ddean

Post Number: 2
No one has posted an answer. It is like the TV is on a timer.

OLD GRANNY
Unregistered guest
my phillips has got a faded screen. yellow mark in the middle with a red mark around that. not sure wether it needs service or BIG PROBLEMS.

OLD GRANNY
Unregistered guest
ITS A PROJECTION TV

Alec
Unregistered guest
you all are jerks. if you did n't know how a RPTV works you ought not to have bought one!!!

Anonymous

Alec, if you are so smart why can't you answer their questions!

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Alec- Takes one to know one. NaNaNaNaNa!!!

Donna - Go into your menu and go through the various items trying to find any that will give you the option of reset to factory defaults. You will have to reset whatever changes you have made to the TV beforehand but this might solve your problem. Otherwise, unplug the TV from the outlet for about an hour and see if it resets. Otherwise you should try to contact Philp's service. Online is the best choice. There may be a reset to default code you can use. Did you buy a service agreement or is the TV still in warranty?

Granny - You have guns that ae going out in the TV. Depending on the age of the TV there may also be power supply problems. More than likely it is worth investing in a new TV as HDTV will soon be here and prices have dropped substantially.

bigdaddyjnz
Unregistered guest
i have a 1997 model rca 56'projection tv. the power wont work. i tried the remote,front panel, and another outlet. what gives?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us