Too Bright

Username: Vivid

Post Number: 6
Hello There

JUst a question for any of you to think about? I have recently hooked-up a DVD recorder to the entertainment system. I have a DVD Recorder, DVD Player, VCR, (2) Digital Satellite Systems, Tv. (Of Course), and it runs through a Dolby Digital Surround Sound Stereo System.

No problem. I can watch either satellite, watch on the DVD recorder, record from the DVD recorder, watch the other DVD Player on another signal while recording on the DVD recorder from either satellite, etc.

However, when I turn on the DVD recorder, and the channels from either satellite are running through that unit so as I can record anything from satellite, the picture becomes far too "Bright".

Now, while watching the channel, it's bright. When it's recording to DVD, it's bright. When I am done recording, or the timer has commenced, and if I play that DVD (I just made) in the same unit (The recorder), it's too bright.

However, if I play that DVD in any of the four other DVD players I have throughout the house, it's perfect!!!! Not bright at all.

Question? Why when that DVD Recorder (JVC) is turned on, is the picture so bright? But turn it off, and the picture returns to normal. Even if the DVD being made on that unit is appearing too bright while watching/recording, it's not bright upon playback in other units?

Now I have the DVD Recorder, run with the (2) Coaxil Cables and the 3-Way RCA Cables through an RF Modulator, in order while recording either from VCR to DVD (as I am always transfering) and or recording from satellite, I can always switch to an unusable signal so I can still watch something on the other DVD Player.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

Vivid

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2777
You'd be better off to use a video switcher than to run anything through a modulator.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us