How to get Dishnetwork account legally in Canada..with international package?

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcruise

Post Number: 21
In Canada, where to get a legal account for dishnetwork with one of the international package? and how support will work in that case, I know Dishnetwork from time to time checks to know whther the account holder is in the states. Is it a feasible idea to get a legal account in canada or problems will arise as well?

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1064
Can not be done legally that I know of.
You would be better off sharing a sub with someone from the States. At the very least you would need a US address to have the billing go to, then just take the box to where you live in Canada.

Username: Curious1000

Post Number: 5
I had a legal account with dish for 4 years when I was in Toronto. A local dealer did the setup in the US and I used to login my dish account online. when dish moved to N2 I couldn't find my dealer to help me get the new smart card, so I emailed dish with my problem and they decided to cancel my account. Now I'm much happier with my FTA and I'm saving too.
Any dealer can help you to sub legaly, but don't count on their support.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3595
I beleive mili at [link removed] is selling subs..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3596
One thing...it is NOT legal unless U reside in the US with the Dish, cards and receivers..

Bronze Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 37
awhile back, some people were arrested in TO for selling Dish subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcruise

Post Number: 22
That is intersting. north america always claims to be open economy envirnment, however when you take a closer look you will find that is nothing but a monopoly world. Big pockets like DN and BEV shares the pie, legally and protected by law (the open market law !!), among them and screw us up. Similarly with microsoft which dominate the SW world and smash small players when they try or even think to play around. soooo weird.

Anyways, I do have a relative in the states. But my question is: sharing sub does it mean that he orders an additional system for me under his name for additional fee? or he just order an additional reciever as if it is a second system in his home and we share the fees of one subscription?

Username: Mwarrior

Post Number: 6
LK: Its not legal for somebody to sub to Dish or DTV if they're in CANADA. You can live in Mexico or the Caribbean (as many Caribbean cable companies actually do, I"ve seen this from experience), and have a US billing/mailing address and use it.
Canadian law says that it is illegal for a company (ie. DTV/Dishnet)that is NOT licensed by the CRTC (which involves having to have outrageous amounts of CDN tv... hence BEV's 10+CBC and Global channels and french pr0n <i>). Also, descrambling a signal that can legally be paid for is illegal (this is what the grey market thing was about).

tom cruise: Your reference to "additional system" and "additional receiver"... actually its the same thing. And yes, what he would do is purchase (either in store or have it delivered to his house) an additional receiver, have it activated over the phone, and then send it to you (or you pick it up, upto you). You can use any BEV or DN or even DTV receiver as they all use digital technology (or better? technology), a StarChoice recevier would not work though as far as I've heard.

Upmanis: I believe the people arrested were the dealers and they werent selling the legit Dish subs (legit being actually paid for to DishNet) but were actually 'test' systems. This was around the same time as the RomX thing I believe. So yes, a whiiiile back.

Username: Meheather

Post Number: 10
DN will gladly sell you a subscription in Canada.. DssCentral in Mississauga ells them.. Which begs the question, if it's illegal for us to watch DN for free, why is DN breaking the law by knowingly selling subscriptions in Canada.. Also, If you have heard the someone in Canada has ever been arrested for stealing DN, the person you hear from is mistaken. DN is not sold (legally) in Canada, You can be arrested for illegally viewing BEV but not DN.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3606
DN does NOT sell subs in Canada!....and neither does DssCentral (I'm a mod there)....U are high!...and MANY have been arrested for selling DN subs in Canada..

Heather , there is not 1 true statement in your post!...U talk out your azz!....U are must be on crack!...and if not, then U are dumber than dumb!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Well LK, I do not mean the site dsscentral, it's a store, an actual location.. And I do know first hand that they sell "subs" out of there. Your CC is billed directly from DN. If you'd like I can get the number for you to call and ask. So maybe you should deflate the ego, put down the crack pipe yourself, and admit that you don't know everything in this world. You wanna talk trash to everyone, but in fact you dont know as much as you think you do. Nor do I, I dont know everything, if I did I wouldn't need to be here...

PS my azz say f*** you!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3612
DN is not selling the subs U idiot!...some site or person is!...I know enough to say U are VERY STUPID to say DN sells subs in Canada!

Crackhead is smarter than U!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
What r you like 80 years old? or 8... you moron, I know first hand.. I've purchased it.. duh... and a man of your so called intelligence comes up with the word STUPID as a comeback!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3614
U are a bold faced LIAR if U say U know FIRST HAND that Dishnetwork representatives sell subscriptions in Canada!

Bronze Member
Username: Kingusama

Post Number: 12
heather u are retarded i live in canada too and they don't sell subscriptions for DN ! i think u need a check up i recommend a psychiatrist if not then a common family doctor will be just fine!

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 82
DN cant have subs in Canada same way Bev cant have subs in the US. Non sense.

Vini

Bronze Member
Username: Aanaa

Post Number: 92
I am in Canada
DN -
sub contractors are making money by assuring the customers they r true DN dealers
but not true
they just play around
only BEV is official here

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
See none of you READ (isn't that what u always say LK, to READ) I didnt say they r official here.. I said they r providing subs here... and I even asked the question why they r doing something illegal but when we do it it's bad... READ PPL!

Username: Sskk

Canada, ON

Post Number: 1
I have cool 5000 platinium reciever and it is not working can some one help me in this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3625
heather...here's EXACTLY what U said!

"DN will gladly sell you a subscription in Canada."

Now STFU and move on!...its not a TRUE statement, no matter how U try and twist it around like a typical 12 year old who gets caught lying to her parents!

Username: Geekbox

Post Number: 1
call h**p://***.freewaysupport.com they can do it legally for you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us