Which LCD to buy for PAL country

Username: Coolgoose007

Post Number: 1
I am planning to take a LCD TV from US to gift it to my brother living in India. Will the commerical LCD TV's that are sold in US, work in India too (They have a PAL system over there like UK, Australia) because in US it is NTSC? If so, which make and model number does have this multi region compatibility? Appreciate and early reply as I will be leaving next week.

Bronze Member
Username: Mspearl

Post Number: 12
My granddaughter lives in Belgium where PAL is the standard. She took her big screen tv there. She bought an adapter and transformer in Belgium, and her tv works fine. She has cable tv and internet service.

Username: Coolgoose007

Post Number: 2
Is the adaptor for converting PAL signals to NTSC? Is there any other equipment needed besides what you have mentioned?
Many Thanks for the reply.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2776
You need a PAL or multisystem TV. It would probably be easier to find a multisystem in the U.S. By the time you buy a transformer and a decent converter, you could have probably just bought a multisystem TV. You'll get some loss of quality with a converter. Do a search for multisysten TVs, you'll find what you need.

Bronze Member
Username: Mspearl

Post Number: 13
The adapter is needed to plug in the electricity and the transformer is needed to transform the electric current. The same type adapter and transformer is needed to make the hair dryer work. I have no idea how the tv works, unless the cable company is transmitting the ntsc signals also. Oops. I just noticed that Belgium has an armed forces network that transmits ntsc.

http://kropla.com/tv.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us