SATALLITE SPLITTER PROBLEM

Username: Ashrafsh

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 8
I want to have 2 recivers work from one Satallite Feed. I am using a splitter range to 24300 MHZ and it doesnt work. if i directly connect the reciver to the satalitte with no splitter it works. IF CONNECT RECIVER TO SPLITER THE PICTURES DOENT COME UP. Can some one advice what splitter I need or what could be the problem...????

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 9
I want to have 2 recivers work from one Satallite Feed. I am using a splitter range to 2300 MHZ and it doesnt work. if i directly connect the reciver to the satalitte with no splitter it works. IF CONNECT RECIVER TO SPLITER THE PICTURES DOENT COME UP. Can some one advice what splitter I need or what could be the problem...????

Username: Calin

Canada

Post Number: 1
You can not do that. If you want two receivers, you have to have two feeds from dish (double output LNBs) with two switches. You can split the signal FROM the TV OUT to another TV set and watch the same channel.

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 67
Hi Mike,

a. Splitter can not apply for SAT. signal (before go into Receiver) due to type of wave form .

b. Splitter can apply for SAT. signal from Receiver output .

Your case need 2 out put (2 Receiver)

Assume you only have 1 output from source (LNB)
So you need multi. Switch (2x4, 3x4 ... depend on what you need) for to get 2 out put .

From Input side of switch: cable from LNB --> input side SW.

From output side of switch: 2 cable --> to 2 input of your reciever .

hope this help .

Bronze Member
Username: Mowafakgabal

Post Number: 19
I gave myself a problem guys, I need help, I had one receiver (Rex-I) with 3 dishes pointing to 97, 110&119, 148, I decided to be greedy and I got another receiver (SatCruiser 9000) and I used the following wiring with Mutliswitches http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Multi-LNBF/4-receiver-4-lnbfs.htm since that I lost all Vertical feed from 110 & 148, can anyone help?

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 57
Thas it a hell of a connection job and you got to be very careful on how you set your switches in the menu of each receiver. I would go over the diagram again and make sure you followed it correctly, starting with the lnbs to multiswitch, then your diseqc connections, and finally your menus for the receivers... good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ok, I went over the connections, it is exactly as the diagram http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Multi-LNBF/4-receiver-4-lnbfs.htm and I still have all Vertical channels pooff .. gone, and suggestion on other connection that can work?
J Dawg, what do you mean by the menues on the receivers? I thought all are the same. Pls. advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 76
What are the orbital positions your dishes are pointing at? trying echostar_ birds...?
May I suggest a DP_34 switch ?
it supports 4 satellites going to 4 receivers.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 77
Correction - DP44.
DP34 supports 3 orbital positions x 4 receivers.

Vini.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
What I meant is the diseqc switch settings for each receiver, accessible thru the menu of each receiver. So if 148 comes to port 4 of your diseqc switch that goes to your satcruiser, in the satcruiser menu you need to set that port correctly for 148. If you set the diseqc ports correctly for each satellite you should be ok, but I'm not sure what the problem is if you have done that already and checked it... Maybe a bad switch?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Mowafak-
Change the switch that 148 is connected to with one of the switches that work (i.e. 119). If 119 is not working than you know you got a bad switch, since I assume you are getting one of the polarities and not the other.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
J Dawg, I will try that tomorrow morning and I will let you know, thank you for your help.

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 10
"Carlos G." & "bui le" than you for your help, i check it and i have a multi swith for 4 recivers i need to upgrade this to have additonal feeds to recivers.

thank you again.

Username: Veeru

Canada

Post Number: 2
Hey Mike
You need to change DisEqC switch 4-1. Do not use 900-2400Mhz. Use one with 950-2150MHz. And make sure your receiver is off when you change switches.
And let me know.
Veeru
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us