Just can't flash my ps2500a HELP!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 13
I tried everything to flash my cloned ps2500a receiver. I got a new rs232 db9 cable and i tried using BU 1.3, BU 1.4, STB updater V3.31. I also tried going rom COM1 to COM2 and COM3 but nothing works. I'm trying to use 277t bin and have never flashed before myself. Someone please help me solve this problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
someone help me please

Bronze Member
Username: Blackcove

Post Number: 12
make sure the o.s is windows xp

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3545
make sure bin file is unzipped

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3546
u do NOT need windows XP...I run 98 and ME now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i run XP professional and i unziped my bin but it just doesn't flash

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 792
have you got it hooked up?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yea i hooked rs232 from my serial port to my receiver i just dont know what the problem is and i tried it on two different pc's. they both run xp one is hp and the other one is dell

Bronze Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 24
well maybe you are using the wrong loader..that might be the case.. try a different loader.. and remember to flash areally quick as soon as you see the first light on your receiver..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
that what i did i used bu 1.3 and 1.4, STB updater V3.31 but nothing works for me

Bronze Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 26
try to hook it up to another computer, it worked for me...

Username: Mike007

Post Number: 3
Make sure that you are not using RS 232 twisted cable. You need to use RS 232 serial cable.Both of them look same.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1111
Download PanSat 2500_060512_274_au_api(N) Clone Safe w/TIVO (318.19KB) baje go to dss**tester.com download this bin. Go to Pansat area and unzip. Lucky

Bronze Member
Username: Banzai

Post Number: 49
bane j
Can U be more specific???
What's the status when U try to download the BIN file to your PS 2500a? What does it say on the PC screen?

To ensure that you have no problems performing any of the following procedures, it is a good idea to disconnect your computer from the Internet and your network before continuing. Then shut down your firewall and anti-virus programs, since these can interfere with data transmission through your COM ports. 1.3.3.1. Loading A Bin with the Downloader program Note that some the following steps will quickly become out-of-date. If you are using Forever's "Pansat 2500A Quick Start 2.zip", then the X8500...bin and .gtd files should be checked for newer working versions before continuing. • With the power switch on the back of the receiver off, connect the cable to your computer's Com port and the other end to the Pansat's Com port. • Plug in the Pansat 2500A and turn it on. • If the Pansat 2500A previously had a X-8500 .bin file and channel list loaded (or channel scan), as a precaution, you should restore the Factory Setting. This will ensure that all previous channel/satellite information is cleared. You may wish to use gTools to save your channel list first, to reload later. Hit "Menu" / "Factory Setting" / enter Password (0000) / Press "OK".
• Start the program BU 1.XX loader or STBupdaterXX.
• Select the COM port that you are using. The default is COM1, if your cable is connected to another COM port change the setting to the port that you are using and make sure that COM port is working....
• Select the STB Model.
• Select your New bin file for your receiver. Click on BIN File, find the correct bin file in the popup window and then click Download. When the download is complete the Pansat 2500A will power off, then back On. Wait until you see the "Download Complete!!" message before continuing.

Download Failed!
---------------
Rarely after downloading, the receiver will not fully power back on, cycle on and off, or all that you see on the display are nightrider (Knight Rider) lights blinking back and forth, a frozen green light, NNNN.., or nothing -- the download has failed. If that happens, you can fix it by doing the following:
• Turn the receiver's power off using the switch on the back of the receiver.
• Download the latest firmware flash from http://www.pansatusa.com/download.htm; "Pansat 2500A_040730_224_api(N).bin" is the current flash file.
• Start BU 1.XX loader or STBupdaterXX., enter "Pansat 2500A" for the STB Model, and get ready to download the Pansatusa firmware flash file.
• Turn the power switch on the back of the receiver back on.
• At the first sign of lights on the display (or wait a couple of seconds if there are no lights) click "Download". You may have to do this a couple of times until you get the timing right.
• When it is finished downloading the receiver should come back on. If it does, it's fixed. Reload the latest bin and continue.
• If the receiver does not come back on, just continue with the new flash, using exactly the method above, but this time again reload the latest bin. Enter "key:global" for the STB Model.
• If you still cannot get the receiver to work, try the following fix for a dead receiver.

Reviving A Dead Pansat 2500A
• Turn the receiver's power off using the switch on the back of the receiver.
• Download "Boot60.bin" from the files section at http://www.al7barfiles.tk/.
• Start "2300_2500_1500 Downloader.exe" and enter "Pansat 2500A" for the STB Model, and get ready to download the Boot60.bin file.
• Turn the power switch on the back of the receiver back on.
• At the first sign of lights on the display (or wait a couple of seconds if there are no lights) click "Download". You may have to do this a couple of times until you get the timing right.
• When the download is complete turn the power switch on the back of the receiver off.
• Turn the Pansat 2500A back on.
• You will probably see the nightrider lights.

If you still cannot get the receiver to work, it's time to JTAG the receiver. After Jtaging the receiver, it will be returned to a factory-original state and then you can begin loading again

Hope it's help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i just followed your directions and have reset my receiver to the factory settings now my fortec tar ultra is back to its original state. how do i now get all the channels back by cloning it into a Pansat 2500A? What bins do i need or what firmware?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us