A Minor Irritation re BEV and Fortec Half Panel

Username: Canadian

Post Number: 5
I'm using a pre March 2004 Fortec Half Panel flashed as a Pansat 2300a. I've applied the best bin I could find, the X-75BL_060609_255d-ir-api. Dish works great. BEV works great, too, save that for time to time it will cut out to scrambled channel, then come back just fine, after about ten seconds.

I have autoroll enabled.

Is this BEV just rolling the keys on a continuous basis, and my unit just catching up? Is there another explanation?

Scuze my ignorance, as I haven't kept up with what BEV is doing as far as ECM.

I know this is an older unit, but I'd appreciate a reply from anyone that knows.

THX

Bronze Member
Username: Bandizzy

Mi Usa

Post Number: 36
255e http://www*dsst*ster*com/download.php?file=709

Bronze Member

Mi Usa

Post Number: 37
or put in bev manully and shut off autoroll worked for me. dont forget to save after entering keys.

Post Number: 6
THX for the reply. I'll not manually enter the keys, as it seems to happen on only certain channels (stupid me, the main one was an NBC channel, when I could have watched an NBC channel on Dish and not had a problem! I still got to see Phil choke, though!)

It never seems to do it on a BEV PPV channel, just on some regular ones. It does seem weird.

I'm not sure 255e will be better than 255d, so I think I'll stick with what I've got.

Thanks again, though.

Bronze Member

Mi Usa

Post Number: 42
still its hard to get bev to autroll thats why i enter keys faster and my tv is up all channels.

Post Number: 7
My BEV is up and running with all channels as well.

If it's an autoroll problem, well, I can't manually input the keys faster than my unit's ten seconds. Since it only happens on a few channels, I'm not worried.

I mainly want to know if it is a key issue, or something else that might be associated with this bin.

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1009
Fred,
I don't think it's auto roll, I think it's just a bug in the bin.
If it were auto roll, you'd watch for 2 minutes, wait for picture for 2 minutes, watch for 2 minutes, wait for picture for 2 minutes, etc. etc.
Much like the super bowl back in Feb when DN was messing with auto roll.
Poor Lefty.

shlitz,
Are you not having the same problem where the channel drops out for 20-30 seconds on BEV. I've read that many people have been but if you've found a way around it with the auto roll off, that would be good news to pass around.

Post Number: 8
Thanks Tyler.

If you hear anything definitive on this, let us know.

I just remembered hearing some time ago that BEV rolls the keys all the time. Are they still doing this?

I'd rather put up with a few channels dropping out for 15 seconds a couple of times an hour than having to manually input new keys all the time.

P.S. As you can tell, I'm new, but I'm trying. I've learned a lot from you, LK, and a few others. Thanks for your contributions.

Fred
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us