Help with spliting satellite signal

Username: Dukester99

Post Number: 2
Please help, this one is driving me nuts!
I have a dish 500 on my roof, runs down to a spliter, then runs out to different locations in my house to 2 pansat 2500a's. I can only get one reciever to work at a time,. If I get one reciever working the other looses signal. I have tryed a couple different spliters and a amplifier, still only one at a time.

Bronze Member
Username: Mountainman411

Post Number: 15
Hey Gary, not sure, but I heard from the guy that hooked mine up that to hook up 2 recievers to a dish, you need a dual lnb on the dish. If there's just one cable coming from the dish, you might need to take the lnb off the dish, connect another cable on the other jack beside the other cable, and run it to your other reciever. Not sure, but might be worth a shot. Hope it helps.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3539
Need more info...what type LNB's .....quad (2 eyes w 4 outputs)...TWIN (2 eyes w 2 outputs))...dual (1 eye w 2 outputs)...single ( 1 eye w 1 output)... Dish Pro (written right on LNB's)...Legacy)...and U do NOT use "splitters" with satellite..U use disque switches for pansat FTA receivers..

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 64
The only time that you could split a single LNB line is to use a special High Frequency splitter that passes power to one side, the one side that passes power would be the master receiver that determines which satellite both tuners are to receive signals from. However for home use where you want to be able to watch every channel that your paying for on both receivers or two tuners in one box, the method uses SPLITER would NOT work!

A receiver sends 13 or 18 volts to the LNB to pick (one of two) satellites, that's why you need a dual LNB if you have two receivers, each receiver can send 13 or 18 volts to the LNB, with a dual LNB you can be watching channels coming from (two different) satellite(s).

You need to use a multi-switch to get the extra lead, a multi-switch is just that, a switch and NOT A SPLITER, the receivers will power the switch and the switch will send 13 volts to one side of the LNB and send 18 volts to the other side of the LNB, the LNB will send signals from (two) satellites to the switch. Now each receiver can send 13 or 18 volt to the switch and the switch will connect each receiver to the correct side of the dual LNB depending on which channel the receiver is trying to pick up. (In the case of a receiver with two tuners the receiver needs two inputs from the multi-switch)

Hope this help .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us