CS6000 PREMIUM

Bronze Member
Username: Naren3001

Post Number: 26
I BOUGHT A NEW CS6000 WHICH WAS NOT PROGRAMMED, I LOADED NORW1.23 AND I AM SCANNING THE CHANNELS BUT IT DOES NOT CATCH ANY CHANNEL.

THE DISHES ARE OK, I HAVEN'T MOVED THEM COZ I WAS USING THE SAME ANGELS FOR COOLTEC4000. WITH CT4000 I WAS GETTING 70-95% SIGNALS BUT WITH CS6000 IT SHOWS 5% SOMETIMES IT GOES TO 60%.

CAN SOMEONE HLEP ME PLEASE? DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANY OTHER PROGRAM BEFORE DOWNLOADING NORW1.23?

IMMEDIATE HELP IS APPRECIATED

Bronze Member
Username: Chessy

Post Number: 18
Loading your Cool sat!!

You can flash your receiver over any existing bin. I choose to save my current channel list and perform a database reset- factory set before loading a new bin. If you are to start fresh, those steps are not needed. Be sure to use a Mod approved BIN that is current and is made for the correct receiver! There are bins for the 4000 & 5000!

1.) Turn OFF back switch on Receiver, then hook up the RS232 standard serial cable.

2.) Turn ON the back switch of Receiver, then power ON using your remote, let your receiver fully boot up.

3.) Open your Coo lsat 2.2 loader. By default the loader will open in the "software" tab,
Make sure "to receiver" is checked, then click on "browse" and locate your unzipped flash you previously downloaded.

4.) Change your Comport setting if needed and click on "Auto Detect", a window will open showing your previous Flash and active comport.

--If your getting an error, "Connect your Receiver" then check to make sure your receiver is connected and back switch is ON, make sure your using the proper RS232-Cable. You can reboot your pc and see if it helps!

--If you're getting an Error "Invalid File" then more then likely you're using the wrong bin, or you haven't unzipped the file!

--If you are getting Comport Switching then check the device manager in your pc and set an active comport!

5.) If everything is ok click on "connect", a window will open displaying the current Flash in the receiver, then click "start".

6.) You will see the loader go through a couple different stages ---system reset---sending to 100%---sending ok 100%---then Erase until 50%, and write to 100% DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS!! If you must for some reason then it's better to do it before the writing process!

7.) Your receiver will display FFFF and reboot when finished. A window will open in the loader displaying "Finish" it's always good to wait 5-10 sec's before clicking finish.

8.) Now click on "Finish", a window will open displaying your previous Flash, close the window and click on "Auto Detect" now you will see the current Flash just loaded!

You have just flashed your receiver and if you are going to load a channel list then don't disconnect anything just proceed to the next steps "Factory set" "Installation Options" then "Loading channel list"

Other wise turn off front power button & back switch, unhook your RS232 cable or leave the RS232 cable connected for next time, it's your personal preference.

FACTORY SET!!

You must do a Factory Set after loading a new flash. This will properly initialize and replace your previous flash with the new one just loaded. If this is a new receiver setup then you will notice the Nimiq 1,3 or Nimiq 2 sats are not in your satellite list until a Factory Set is completed. The Facory Set will load the default channel data contained in the bin software. The default data contains satellite information including names and transponder frequency's. The Epg is dependant on this information and will work best when this is done.

1.) Push Menu on remote
2.) System Setting
3.) Database Reset
4.) Factory Set and press OK on remote.

The Factory Set will delete all channels and settings. After doing the Factory Set you will need to pick a language and go to Dish Setting and configure your setup! Once done then proceed to Auto Scan and scan with Network Search on

DISH SETTINGS!!

This is very important to know your dish setup, Lnb(s) and switch(s) being used. If you do not know this info then proceed to the bottom of this manual and there are links to help you determine which setup type you have! One easy way to determine which type of lnb(s) you have is to look at the label, if you see a DP logo or Dishpro logo then you have Dishpro Lnb's, if you do not see this logo then most likely it's a Legacy Lnb. Next would be to look at the # of ports on the Lnb.

1.) Push Menu on remote
2,) Go to Installation and if prompted to enter a password use 0000 or 0103 (master Pin)
3.) Go to Dish Setting and choose your satellite to be setup.

Legacy Single or Dual LNB's using a 4x1 Diseqc switch:

Echostar 7 --119.0W
LNB Power: on
LNB Type: Single
LNB Frequency: 11250
22Khz: off
Diseqc Switch: 1.0
Committed: 1 -------You may use different port #
Legacy SW: off

Username: Pinchi

Post Number: 1
what does "quality" mean and what % should it be at?

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 55
Some receivers have a signal bar and a signal quality bar. I have a fortec classic na, which only has a signal bar and no quality bar. The higher the quality the better, but I think above 50% is when you can watch.
Naren-
Check your switch settings for your lnbs.

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 47
Check your disq switch and dish settings. When you get them right a green bar at the bottom will go across the tv screen. I've noticed people start to have problems when the quality falls below 94 percent.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us