i tried to download bin from my laptop.
the prob is i ve only db 25 or usb
can i use a db 25 with a db 9 female u think it can work

thks

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1086
If you can get 25 to 9 db female you got it!

Username: Didi1972

Canada

Post Number: 4
ok thanks eva
btw, i tried to download the bin file 277t,but nothg happened
i didnt find the uilities so as to run the program

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3544
U cannot use either db25 or USB...its rare when a USB port will work..Db 25 printer port will NEVER work!

Bronze Member
Username: Hommos

Post Number: 19
Lk ur a moran

Bronze Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 57
Cable:

a. 232(9pins) : p2(Tx) -- p3(Rc)---p5(Ground)
p7(handsake)

b. 232(25pins) : p2(Tx)---p3(Rc) ---p7 (ground)
p4(handsake)

C. Null : just cross over 2 --> 3
3---> 2

*** PC watchs a ground for understand signal
Db9 pins and Db 25 pins are different ground connection ---> pc & Receiver can not handsake ---> can not download

[a, b, c] have a diffrent connection ---> PC can
not talk/or can not handsake with Receiver
that why you guy need seclect correct a cable .

Username: Xstater

Post Number: 1
Hi there Bui Le. You seem to understand quite well the cable stuff. I just want to ask you and anybody a quick question. I know that to program a Pansat 2700 I need a null modem cable and I got it with the box and it works since we programmed the box with a desktop computer of a friend of mine. Now my question is this one: Since I only have a laptop and everybody tells me that I should not use a usb to db9 adapters (and bying a simple male to male db9 adapter did not work) I am wondering if I could do a 25 pin to 9 pin adapter myself just by soldering or conecting p2-p2, p3-p3 and p5-p7 (since I already have a null modem cable and p2 and p3 are already crossed in the cable)?

Thanks and I will appreciate the opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 115
Chances are a 25-pin db on any laptop is for printer, therefore, you cannot use it.

You can use usb, but....

1. you will need usb-to-serial converter to connect serial cable to your laptop

2. (this is important) the driver for usb-to-serial converter must be assigned to one of comm ports 1 to 4, but nothing higher than 4. Reason is the most bin loader programs recognize only comm ports 1 to 4. You will have to check under your device manager to verify to which comm port usb-to-serial converter is assigned.

Bronze Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 58
Ivan,

Some how Receiver can not understand PC. I don't know why (may be due to Receiver OS)therefore DB 25pins to 9pins NULL , cannot use . But If you
can do a soldering . You can try, do like a LAB .

Include a attachment file for you reference when
doing your LAB .
application/mswordUpload
Common RS.doc (39.9 k)

Username: Xstater

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the ideas guys, I will try to look for either a USB to serial adapter or a pcmcia to serial card for my laptop before I try soldering and making my own adapter. I am very doubtfull that the printer port on my laptop can be used for serial comunication. But if I remember correctly I believe that is the port I used when using Laplink or not? Anyways, thanks and if I find a solution (other than buying a desktop with serial port included) I will let you know. Does anybody program their boxes with laptops? Can those people tell us what is working for them? Thanks.

Ivan.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
I use my laptop. I bought a Triplite U209-000-R usb-serial converter.

Driver installed no problem and automatically mapped itself to COM4.

Username: Jonas2410

Post Number: 1
can i convert null to db9 with some type of adapter if yes where can i get it if not where can i get a db9 straight. i have both a 2700 and a 2500 thank you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
There are adapters for everything. But your best bet is to spend $15 and get the proper cable if you're going to do testing. An adapter will run you probably half the price of the proper cable.

Post Number: 3
JASON BORNE.....can i get the $15 cable @ radio shack will it say db9 im not sure im not a computer guy ive learned through trial and error. ps changed name was trying to use something that might have looked cool

Post Number: 4
JASON BORNE.... do you know if i can do a sw/transfer from 2700 to 2500

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Jonas, i would just get the latest bin for the 2500 instead of transfering, because i'm pretty sure that 2500 and 2700 cannot use the same bin file!

The cable should be a null modem (it should be labelled as such on the cable) with db9 female on both ends.

You will also need a loader program on your computer. GTRomloader is one example of such a program.

Bronze Member

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 60
I guess due to GTRom loader program just assign straight out only COM port . Therefore some cable such as USB, DB25 to DB9 ... do not work well for Receiver (even cable is working for PC to PC or other device) .

Also reason is due to a connection is different .
For ex. signaling for stop transfer pin and Ready transfer pin between DB25 to DB9 & DB9 to DB9 was connected different .

But I do beleive DB25pins to 9pins will work
somehow if one can modify a connection cable.
Of course need have time for soldering & testing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us