BIN Download Problem

Username: Atour

Post Number: 2
I've been trying to download latest BIN (87BL_060609_272_api_2) for my Pansat 2700a. I've unzipped the file, connected the receiver to the computer useing the 9pin cable. When I click download on the GTRom Loader v3.35 the error message comws up is "flash update fail."

Post Number: 3
Forgot, any help or suggestions to resolve the problem is appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Momenali

Post Number: 62
Try using uploader GTRom v3.38
and Check if your using the right cable.(you should be using a stright not a NULL cable)
It worked fine for me..good luck

Post Number: 4
Thanks, the cable I am using is from radioshack that had the same number as the manuel (something like SC232..). The uploader is v3.35. i'll try your version.

Post Number: 5
Cann't seem to find version v3.38 loader. Any suggestions where I can down load one? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1004
There is any pansat 2700 using straight instance null cable an its working? If you buy a SC232 you have Straight Cable not Null Cable The model 2700 use null cable.

Username: Abmen20

Albuquerque, Nm Us

Post Number: 1
Hey guys neoob to this forum. I to am having a hard time flashing my reciever. Ihave a Pansat 2700a and I got the latest bin as well as the loader from future-fta site but everytime I try to flash I get a flash update fail. I bought my cable from the local radio shack RS-232C female to female but still no luck.. I waited to post as a last resort ... Ive been reading of many troubleshooting tips but nada... any sugg???
thanx in advance.

Username: Abdou91

Post Number: 9
check if y have the right cable
pansat 2700 a y need a null modem cable
theris the list here for all receiver:
iza Ultra 400/500- Null
Astrovox 2600-Straight DB9
Blackbird and all Blackbird clones(BOB, Max 1000, Stealth II, MS1000, ,etc.)-Null
Coolsa 4000 Plus-Null
Coolsa 4000 Pro-Straight DB9
Cooltec-Null
Coship (All)-Null
Digiwave 6800/7000-Null
Digiwave Diamond-Straight DB9
Dreambox (All)-Null
Fortec lifetime-Straight DB9
Fortec Lifetime Ultra-Straight DB9
Lava 2600-Null
Max 2500-Null
****sat (All)-Straight DB9
Microroyal (All)-Null
Pansat 2300a/2500a and all clones-Straight DB9
Pansat 2700-Null
Pansat 3500-Null
Pansat 5000HC-Null(Also can program through USB)
Pantec/Multistar Max (All)-Null
Pantec/Multistar MS (All except MS1000)-Straight DB9
Pantec MX/Ultra-Straight DB9
Rex1-Null
Silver bullet/ST 1000/2000-Null
Skyview 500-Straight DB9
Spacestar DVB500-null
Stealth 2000a-Null
Ultrastar 5000-Null
Viewsat VS2000-Null

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1027
If you still have problem failed your receiver, change the cable, if you have a null cable and you have pansat 2700 clon, your receiver maybe need a straight cable. The original pansat 2700 use ever null but in many instance not all the clone 2700 use the same cable. If you still receive the same message and you have a clon, change null for straight.

Albuquerque, Nm Us

Post Number: 2
Thank u all for the replies
I had given it some thought that maybe i had the wrong cable .. now this is probably a stupid question but Ill ask anyhow. How would I know if I have a clone ??? Also whats the main difference between the cables " straight and null" ..... thanx in advance

Post Number: 6
Thanks every one for your input. Still no luck. I even tried null adapter in case my cable was staight but no download???

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 955
Ray,
Did you get the 3.38 loader and try it?
Here's a link to it.
http://www.dsscentral*net/files/index.php?act=category&id=120

Albuquerque, Nm Us

Post Number: 3
Hello to all,
Well I friggin finally performed my first flash today....as easy as I thought it would be ,,turns out I had the wrong cable. After a few short trips to the computer stores which by the way was like the blind leading the blind man oh man some of those guys working there had no clue to the questions I had for them but turns out an old mom and pop competer cable store had the answers I needed ...indeed wrong cable ....
they look so alike yet so diffrent...
Im back up!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx to Eva and Mr Sauvesoris for the help...
Im so gratefull.......
so check those calbles bcuz turns out that it could be the simplest thing thats causing those flash failures...
thanx again

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3490
The "straight cable and the "null Modem" look identical!...and sometimes the dealer will send the wrong cable with your receiver...and each receiver is different, some use the straight, others use the null modem

FLASH FAILED = WRONG CABLE OR SERIAL PORT (do not use USB ports)

Bronze Member
Username: Reyka

Arecibo, Puerto Rico Puerto Rico

Post Number: 24
LK..where I can find the program of "spacestar dvb 500"

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3499
Rey...next time look for yourself...U are NOT a baby...why should we spoon feed U..

http://dvbspider.tk/

Post Number: 7
LK - if you don't like to help, then please keep your suggestions and advise to yourself. You are not obligated to help or post. If you want to help, then please help, and we do appreciate the help, but without sarcastic comments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us