Samsung DLP # HLN617WX check fan message

Username: Rlingl

Post Number: 1
Just looking for some advice if anyone can help......every once in a while, i get a message on the screen that reads "Check fan number 1" I`ve heard that some televisions have a filter for the fan that needs to be cleaned out, although i dont see anything in the manual about any filter......wondering if the fan could be dirty, and how to clean it???? Sometimes it will do it as soon as i turn the television on, so i`m pretty sure it`s not actually overheating.....other times i can watch it for 4 to 5 hours and never get the message.....

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 724
It's just a projector that pulls air through it to keep the lamp and control module within safe operating temps. Keeping it clean inside is excellent preventive maintenance. The inside of your set needs a good cleaning every six months. Screws hold the back cover and are easily removed. Use the brushy attachment to your vac hose and be sure to clean the two fans really well. You can tape the cover switch closed and power up the set to see if both fans spin equally and quietly. Don't look directly at the lamp. It's brighter than the sun. These sets collect an incredible amount of dust over time and this will slow or even stop the fans from cooling. Bad things happen after that. Good luck!

Username: Hernestor

Post Number: 2
TV Model: Samsung DLP 43" (HLN4365W)
Bought: April 2004

The set was working perfectly for more than 2 years but suddenly I start getting a blinking message that says "Check fan No. 2"
The image is still fine but the message does not go away. I read some messages in this forum that advise dusting/vacuming the fans, in case they are stuck because of dust build-up. I unplugged everything, did that and the TV was working fine for a few hours until I turned it off. The next time I turned it back on the message reappeared.

Then I opened the cover again and held the safety lever in place with a piece of tape (to be able to turn on the TV without the cover), powered up the TV and in a couple of minutes the message "Check fan No. 2" reappeared exactly when the fan stopped spinning. I was thinking it could be the fan but it could also be the board that controls this fan since the fan spins normally for a awhile and then stops.

Has anyone encounter this error? How do I solve it? Will replacing the fan do the trick?

Thanks in advance
Ernesto

Username: Rlingl

Post Number: 2
Mine was doing the exact same thing, run for about 5 minutes or so, and the shut off....it would kind of twitch when it shut off....(although it was fan #1)....and it was the fan.....i tried cleaning it out, but it made no difference......i`m sure yours is the fan too......i got a new fan at partstore.com, they had the best price, but if you dont go with the express shipping, it will take at least a week to get to you!! Good luck!! It was`nt that hard to install and it was only about $45.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us