BEV in Canada...how to get? ny advice

Username: Thakkar2000

Post Number: 5
hi guys..currently i have my dish (says digiwave on it) set up on echostar 3 (61.5). I get the indian channels and 100's of useless channels. i m wondering how can i get usefull english channels and ppv (110 and 119 i think it is). do i jus point it to 110 and see if i get em?..do i enter ny keys? load ny files?. also can set up my dish to recive bell expressview channels? without bell finding out..is nyone running bev in canada?

thx a lot for ur help guys..u guys rock..cuz of u i was able to get my reciver up n runnin!

Bronze Member
Username: Chessy

Post Number: 16
its illeagle to run bev in canada no one that i know is running bell..... even my brother who is in jail for murder and robbing banks and stealing cars and money laundering wont hook up to bev in canada

Post Number: 7
haha..thx chessy...how can i get dishnetwork thn ..with american channels not indian channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 31
lots of ppl r running bev, i know that?"!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Raging_fisher

Post Number: 38
I have a feeling it was a little bit of sarcasm, ofcourse there are many many people using BEV. CTV/CBC/GBL/TSN are very important to me.

Post Number: 8
if so thn how can i set my dish up to get local channels?

Bronze Member
Username: Chessy

Post Number: 17
if you are in toronto ... settings aprox... 220 degrees.and 38degrees on your dish and you will get channels...

Post Number: 9
will try..thx

Post Number: 10
wut do i look under though..like for bev (echo3..echo8/9??) like which one reps bev..and 110 and 119 for dish ?..thx

Bronze Member
Username: Amar007

for bell expresscu it's nimiq1 (91degrees) for the english channels and nimiq2 (82degrees) for international channels!

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 36
With FTA box they won't know. With a subscription they tag the receiver number and can pin down your exact address. If you moved one of your receivers to say your cottage they know.

Bronze Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 32
But those for B<V are connected to the phoneline.
Are They not ? That is the only way they can track them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
The programming is downloaded digitally. The only time you connect to the phone line is to order PPV&VENUS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
so wit my FTA reciever they wont knw i m gettin bev rite?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3424
That is correct...FTA receivers are safe from being detected ...

ONly subscribers using Bev receivers and cards, who keep phone line plugged in can be detected..

same thing for Dishnet too..

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 39
For all the people that don't know about BEV anyone that has a subscription even without ever even once plugging in a phone line they know your exact location. If you move one of the receivers they know. They tag the receiver number not the card number. With a FTA box they don't know.

Bronze Member
Username: Amar007

Post Number: 18
ey LK, rite now i don't have B*EV up but i was checking parental control for B*EV and i couldn't find it! do i get that option after i set up the dish and instal it to nimip1 nimiq2?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
You have to do all the setup/scanning, then the Parental Control will become functional.

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 54
Just a quick question then...
If someone has a subscription to BV and receiver not connected to the phone lines...and I take an FTA device over and connect it and watch programming...would they be able to detect this??
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 968
No Nick, they would not be able to detect it.

Bronze Member

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 55
OHHH GREAT!..THANKS AGAIN TYLER!!
Always helpful as usual!
Oh one more question...would you know what channel i would go to on BV to populate the epg??
I don\'t get epg for a lot of BV channels.
Thanks again!

Silver Member

Post Number: 969
I've never had an issue with the BEV epg???
Pansat 2700A.
Strange, I've actually found that it comes in really well.
I can only suggest tuning in to one of the Venus channels. If EPG doesn't start up right away, give it a few hours.
I know that some don't like using/loading channel list (I do), but it's my perception that the EPG always seems to work better when I've just loaded one? You could try that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hi guys..i got bev!! on nimq 1!!..i scaned for the channels...got a wicked list..but whn i tune into the channel i get blank screen and it says "wait for picture (%)" the % keeps goin up n up passes 200 and still keeps going up. I was able to get cpl of Weather channels (itvh3 or somethin)...plz helppp....plzzzz

Silver Member

Post Number: 971
Try letting the % go up a bit more. Did you stop it?
I've had it go up to just shy of 500%, then start again, then have the picture come in.
If that doesn't work, either get the latest bin for your box or enter the keys manually.
Those other channels may have been true FTA channels??.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
tyler...thx alot man for the quick response...will do wut u said..do u have ny idea which files i need? is it bin275T i m using fortec lifetimeultra...and the keys?

once again
thx a lot man!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i have already loaded the latest bin277 which was working b4r for echo3. is thr nyother file bychance?

thx again.

Bronze Member

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 56
THANKSS TYLERRR!!!
I will try using a channel list!
The epg used to work great..but since I have flash with 277T bin...many channels have a problem with the epg.
But I will try loading a list..THANKS AGAIN!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
bhavik,
Make sure that is the 277T bin you're going to load.
Check out this thread. It may answer any questions you might have...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/239300.html

Bronze Member

hi tyler

i loaded the bin and now i m getting all the international channels...however for local channels i only have cpl cbc and ctv working..others it says "scarmbled or bad channel"...and unfortunetly the message is thr for all the channels i m actually excited about:-(...could it be me enterin the keys?..wut's the key and whr do i enter it for BEV ..is it under nagra 2 also? cuz i scrolled my nagra 2 list n i dont see bev:-(..thr r cpl after dishnetwork which have no title to it..could they be it?..once again ur help is greatly appreciated!

Bronze Member

n oya..lastly..shld i expect the HD channels to work?? i have fortec lifetime ultra. thx

Username: Vick2006

Toronto, Ont Canada

Post Number: 3
I have bell expressvu With a subscription.
this is my question
can I connect (from one lnb) one cable to bell receiver and other cable to my FTA box? both cables are comming from one LNB.

Username: Punkus

Post Number: 1
I'm very new to the BEV thing and hv a new koolsat5000 hooked up - I can get news channels etc but not any VU channels (movies) etc. Can someone help me with info on how to get these? The more detailed the better, as I'm a bit of a square with technology!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
hi tyler..THANKS A LOT for ur help man...bev is workin PERFECTLY!..besides epg..everythin is CRZY lol..thx once again for all ur help

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3532
sam...yes U can..

Toronto, Ont Canada

Post Number: 4
Hi LK,
thanks. its work

Toronto, Ont Canada

Post Number: 5
Hi Lk,
I have bell expressvu With a subscription.
this is my question
can I connect (from one lnb) one cable to bell receiver and other cable to my FTA box? both cables are comming from one LNB.

BELL ABLE TO DETECT THIS?

Bronze Member
Username: Shl

sam,

i assume that u have the current bin for your fta. if this is the case, yes you can get it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 979
sam,
No, BEV can not detect if you have on sub reciever and one FTA.

Toronto, Ont Canada

Post Number: 6
Hi,
Tyler Durden and Steve Ng thanks for your help.

Username: Lostlake

Elk Lake, ON Canada

Post Number: 4
Hi all, just a bit of my own experience with B3V Express View. I have 4 systems and one FTS cools@. The only way B3V can tell where you are is if they personally contact you for the location identification number. If they Red Flag you as they did me, they will initate contact to find if the receiver is another location other than its original spot. I had an RV and went regularily to many different states in the US and provinces in Canada, coast to coast with no grief at all. They told me that if I wanted to use the receiver at say, my cottage, I would have to call them and tell them that so they could disable the receivers I had at the home location. Very confusing and I believe they were scrambling for a solution to the supposed problem of having receivers spread over a wide area under one subscription, like my son in Michigan, my cottage, my RV etc. Of course I did not EVER call them when I was away with a receiver and nothing happened. It is my opinion that they have no clue where their receivers are unless you tell them that location code, which of course you wouldnt unless you were nuts?? Hope this helps a few folks and reduces the chatter about B3V.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us