Trying to add 110 overwrites the 119 channels ?

Username: Variuscr

Post Number: 6
Hi,

I'm a bit confused here. I've read numerous threads that say you can only watch one dish at a time (per dish you have on your roof). Then I've read others where people seem to have 110/119 at the same time with a single dish.

I have a big enough dish that seems to catch both - 2 metre across dish.

Here is what i did:

1) Delete all channels
2) Blind Scan for 119 all polarity and such, get a ton of channels
3) Blind Scan for 110, get bunch of PPV channels and some others.
4) exit out

Then I end up with the 110 channels, but none of the 119 ones anymore - seems I can only watch one dish at a time ???

Can someone clarify if this is the issue, or perhaps just due to my box being a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, or ?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 91
How many lnbs do you have? you should have two (one for 110 and one for 119). Then they should go into a switch. Are you switch settings correct?

Bronze Member
Username: Cybercubi

Post Number: 35
I think you need to manually add the 119 TPs and set them on the correct diseqc switch, and then scan all of your tps for channels. It is possible to watch both birds at the same time, thats how normal DN receivers do it using a switch, but i think its a little tricker setting up your fta for it.

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 256
you need to add a LNB (make sure it is point to 119) + diseqc switch, input the setting at the receiver setup manual. Then blind scan.

Username: Variuscr

Post Number: 7
Ahhh, now I get it. One dish can cover those degrees, but need 2 LNBs (I only have one!)

Thanks for the info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us