Fried Receiver fixs

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3286
U can do this with any receiver( coo*lsat, Ultra, etc..)...the bins and loaders are the only things that will change..the procedures are all the same..if none of these do work , then U must do a Jtag...BUT U must be persistent when doing these fixes...don't stop at 10-15 attempts..

Fried Pansat fixes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< No power up. No lights at all. Seems like the receiver is dead.

Load up PFL (Pansat Factory Loader 2.1,0,0). Type "key:global" (no quotes) into STB Model. Get Pansat factory bin 222 ready to download. Turn on receiver (switch on back... bottom side pushed in!)... wait a few seconds... and then click download on your PFL. A download window will appear, but also will appear to be doing NOTHING. One of two things will happen...

1) You'll get a flash failed message within a few seconds... Stop now. Your computer is not communicating with your stb. (Usually a hardware problem such as bad cable, or your com port settings are incorrect... but in extreme cases, it's the receiver).

2) Go fix yourself a sandwich. The window will sit there for about 5 minutes doing nothing (most people close the window and give up thinking it is doing nothing), BUT, a "Burning Chip" window will appear (showing progress). Once the chip is restored, the loader will then continue by flashing that original 222 bin you wanted to download. (NOTE: When PFL is done with flash... WAIT until seperate "DOWNLOAD COMPLETE" window appears before closing program or shutting down receiver). Once done, shut your receiver off on the back, and turn it back on. Ta-Da... LIGHTS!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< The dreaded "Night Rider" lights, or an "n" appearing on the front display

This is an easy one. Load up PFL (Pansat Factory Loader 2.1,0,0). Type "key:global" (no quotes) into STB Model. Get Pansat factory bin 222 ready to download. Turn the receiver on and click download after you see the first green light, (if that doesn't work, start again clicking download at the 2nd green light, if that doesn't work, start again clicking download at the 3rd green light). This should crack the receiver and download would begin. (Also works for anyone trying to flash the stubborn 2700a receiver for the first time).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<
This one's a little tougher. Using BL 1.4 updater, you must first apply a boot 6.0 file to the receiver.

1. Swtich 2500a unit off in back.
2. Open the Blacklist Updater v1.4
3. Click the button that says "BOOT"
4. Load Boot60.bin in "SELECT BIN" window
4. Turn on back switch
5. On the third light - - - start the download ("WRITE BIN") and let it finish.
6. Turn off pansat backswitch
7. Turn pansat back on
8. Now you should see Knightrider lights - - - - over and over. This is normal.
9. Load the Pansat 2500A_040730_224_api(N).bin in Blacklist Updater v1.4
10 Click the button that says "BIN"
11. Click "WRITE BIN"... let it complete. The reciever will reboot when done.
12 Turn unit off and on again with back switch. Let the pansat boot up all the way.

Username: Rusty_rod

Post Number: 1
LK,

I figured my 3500sd receiver is shot so I opened it up and all the diodes were all corroded and there was no out put from the power supply. Do you think that this will fix it or should I send it in to Pansat for repair?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3293
Corroded?...thats not right!...should be kept in a DRY vented place..corrosion = moisture, heat and no ventilation....I dunno, do what u want... I would not trust it ever again..

Username: Rusty_rod

Post Number: 2
I only had it for 3 weeks and there is a lot of corrosion. It has always been on top of my TV in the house. How is Pansats customer service for repair. From what I understand I will have to pay for repair because I reprogrammed the box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3304
its under warranty which U voided unless u can get the factory bin back in..otherwise Pay them...but let them know of all the corrosion in a brand new box!

also try the above fixes first!

Username: Kanthan

Post Number: 7
hey lk
does this fix works on pansat 2500a clone?

any idea
please reply

Gold Member

Post Number: 3316
it should work on clones...yes..

Username: Eng590

Post Number: 5
hey LK. i read and read almost all your posts. but there is a problem i am facing, i have a pansat2500a. i downloaded 277.bin. when i hook up the receiver to the tv. there is a "black out". seems like the receiver did not like the file. i then flashed it with the original bin, it worked fine. i got my channels back. but ofcourse, the bin is not right, so i flashed it agian with 277. and i am still facing the same "black out" problem. any help or suggestion LK?.. thanks. in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 11
Where have you been? They all got kill code in them except for the ones that end in T. So use the 277T bin.

Bronze Member
Username: Dixon_buts

Moon Base Alpha 1, Red Square Mars

Post Number: 12
Hey i'm a bronze member now and when i bring TV to the whole world i'll be immortal member.

Post Number: 6
oh i c. thanks. dixon. well, where can i find the 277t?.. i was looking for it. and the only ones posted are 277. any suggestion?. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Ariza

Post Number: 23
You have to download the factory flash bin before any other bin right? (and that goes for all receivers?)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3326
No...its not necessary when upgrading to a new bin...some prefer to do the factory first, but its NOT a requirement..

Post Number: 7
can anybody give me a suggestion. after having read alot on various forums, i am still failing to have my receiver working. pansat2500a. when hooked to the tv. showing a black screen. no info. nada. i used. the 277. then someone told me to use the "277T". cant seem to find that file. is that the correct file to use for a pansat?. need help!!.

Bronze Member
Username: Srg200159

Post Number: 11
can a eagle star be programed for dish network?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us