Samsung dlp black and white color loss issue

Username: Monkeyonalimb

Lewisville, Texas Usa

Post Number: 1
I have the samsung dlp, it turned black and white all across the screen, i turned it off and on again, still it came in black and white, the color finally flickered in and has stayed for almost 24 hours, what is the problem? i have owned this tv with no issues for over two years, boughtit when it hit the floor, no warranty. single mom, i need to know what it is doing and what to expect please if anyone here can advise. thx's

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 722
There is intermittent input to the DMD control module from the color wheel or intermittent failure in the module itself. Remember, it's just a projector that pulls air through it to keep the lamp and control module within safe operating temps. Keeping it clean inside is excellent preventive maintenance. The inside of your set needs a good cleaning every six months. Screws hold the back cover and are easily removed. Use the brushy attachment to your vac hose and be sure to clean the two fans really well. You can tape the cover switch closed and power up the set to see if both fans spin equally and quietly. Don't look directly at the lamp. It's brighter than the sun. These sets collect an incredible amount of dust over time and this will slow or even stop the fans from cooling. Bad things happen after that. Good luck!

Username: Monkeyonalimb

Lewisville, Texas Usa

Post Number: 2
Thanks, anything in there i should be extremly careful around as i have never had it opened up before now. it is a hlp 2004 model?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 723
Not really. Just have it unplugged while your hands are in there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us