Help w/ Panny DMR and/or Cable Tivo

Username: Slicked152

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 1
Need some help. I have decided to buy the Panny ES25 ($170 at CC) or buck up $9/month to the cable service for Tivo. I would really just like to replace my old VCR and record analog TV and some digital channels like HBO on a DVR. Three questions: Are they going to phase out the analog cable TV anytime soon (1-2 years)? and can I record digital HBO on the Panny without the copyright protection blocking it? And finally, does the Panny upconvert on the component video or just the HDMI since I will have to record from the RCA video output for the digital channels from the cable box. A straight answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks.....

Username: Goldenhands55

Post Number: 3
Not sure about the ES25 but my ES40 (when it was working) would record anything that I ran through it from my DVR.

I did have 2 (out of about 500 recordings) occasions where I got a copyright notice from a recorded DVR program. I attributed this to signal loss from cable that the recorder read as a copyrighted item. Both times the programs were during periods of bad weather.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us