RS232 cable

Username: Piccalo

Post Number: 4
Hello, I have this cable and was wondering if that would be able to transfer files from pc to the pansat 2500 clone receiver.

I would very much appreciate the reply.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 736
usb rs22 do not always work. If you want try, do you need specific drivers for the usb cable.

Username: Piccalo

Post Number: 5
I didn't buy this yet...but was thinking of it.

This is what it says on the webpage:

"Package Content: USB 1.1 Serial adapter, Driver CD, Quick Installation Guide"

So mostly would require a driver then...

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 70
I would first find out if you need a null modem cable or a straight thru (diff receivers use diff cable types), then buy the cable. Then i would get a usb-to-serial converter. This ensures you have the proper cable. also, you will have to make sure that the driver for the converter set to com ports 1 to 4 (and nothing higher than 4) because gtromloader program can only use ports 1 to 4.

Bronze Member
Username: Hawks134

Post Number: 21
So, which cable is recomended for 2500A?

Username: Ghetto_bastard

Post Number: 3
...and somebody please tell me which cable does one need for the Viewsat2000 Platinum?

Username: Farazmo

Post Number: 6
yes im going to be buying a new cable for this as well and was a little confused it says in manual i need null modem RS 232 (pins 2 and 3 twisted). i cant find this cable on best buy or futureshop but i see they have something called DB9 which looks similar. is it ok if i try to use that?

Post Number: 5
what receiver do you have? I think you might need a DB9 Female/Female on both ends...try that. U can find them at Business Depot if they're not at Future Shop.

Post Number: 6
Does anybody know if the rs22 USB cable works on the Viewsat2000 Platinum? I'm just wondering if it's the cable or my receiver that is the problem..thanks for any help on this issue. I'm still trying to get my channels up and running. I've tried everything...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us