Tv wont respond to universal remote

Username: Ikaryuuu

Post Number: 1
Hi
the model number of my tv is 19PR09C101 and its a Philips. Two universal remotes I tried which are GE RM24930 and Philips Magnavox PM435S. Now, I tried every code in the manuals of both remotes provided and even did code search. Nothing happened. The TV wont respond. The original remote is broken ad I do not want to buy a new one because I researched it it costs to almost $50.

My problem is what can I do to make sure the remotes will work? Does this tv model respond to universal remotes or only to the original remote? Help please. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2692
Get a One For All 8910. If it doesn't work out of the package, it can be upgraded over the phone. They are around $21 at Amazon, they've got a refurb in the marketplace for $10.

Username: Pauln213

Corona, CA USA

Post Number: 3
Universal remotes are a pain. There is no guarantee that they will work. A lot depends on the type of IR signal your TV needs to see in order to respond. Some sets are designed to receive IR signals that are "squirted" from the remote. This means that the signal is sent once until you let go of the button on the remote. Other TV's need the IR code to be sent in a repetative pattern from the remote, or in other words, the code is sent out in short bursts continuously until you let go of the button. If the universal remote isnt following the correct pattern for you TV, it wont work. Other facotrs can interfere as well, mainly room lighting. IR signals are influenced heavily by lighting, especially the flourescent type. The best universal remote Ive seen is the Harmony remote by Logitech. Its expensive, but it works. They cost anywhere from $150 - $400 depending on the model you get. The best thing about it is that it can be programmed to control all of your home theater devices, and all of the codes are downloaded to it from the company website. Its database of codes is being upgraded constantly. If you dont want to spend the money though, the best thing to do is just buy a replacement remote for your model TV. Its the safest bet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us