Stumper Question for Videophiles on Samsung HLP5063

Username: Cheeseboy33

Post Number: 2
Hi...I have a really bizarre and incredibly aggravating problem with my Samsumg HLP5063 DLP set and I'm desperately hoping someone out there can figure this one out for me. It's a strange one, though...

Here's the deal. The problem I'm having is that
the TV is literally compressing the entire picture into just the top half of the TV screen, while the bottom half simply shows a "frozen" image of whatever the last thing was on the screen. No, this is not a picture-in-picture issue - I've gone that route already.

The really odd thing is that the compressed picture on the top half of the screen is exactly what it's supposed to be were it enlarged to full-screen; in other words, the picture QUALITY itself is perfect; it's just compressed down into half the space, while the bottom of the screen is just that frozen image.

I had this problem about 7-8 months ago and of course talked to both Samsung and Comcast. Whether it was coincidence or not, there were two different things that APPEARED to solve the problem then, neither of which are having any success now. The first was unplugging the set and/or the cable box for some period of time to supposedly allow the set to "reset" itself to factory settings. As I said, this worked a couple times then, but to no avail now.

The second thing was moving the incoming coax cable to the set from one the Antenna 1 input to the Antenna 2 input. (Again with an unplugging of the set itself.) This worked twice, and now doesn't work either.

I actually had an appt, set up for someone to come look at the set the last time it did this 7-8 months ago, but it resolved itself and didn't act up again until about 2 weeks ago. Now there's no getting the picture back to normal no matter what I do.

This is only about a 2-year-old set and I'm obviously extremely frustrated to be having such a ridiculous issue - and I hate to have to pay someone to come to the house when no one really seems to even have any idea what's causing this.

Has anyone out there ever seen something like this, and does anyone have any thoughts on a possible solution or cause? I'm at wit's end and would REALLY appreciate any insights. Warning - I don't speak your language, I'm a moron! :-)

THANK YOU!

Username: Pauln213

Corona, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Sounds like you've got a problem with the circuit board that handles the input sinal. Sometimes its as simple as cold solder joints. Sometimes the whole board will need to be replaced. Have someone out to service it. Nothing else you do will be a permanent fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us