What is an app file,boot file, background file, channel data file,flash bin file.

Username: Lovetolearn

Post Number: 5
hi,
could someone please let me know what all these files are in the loader you need to choose one before you start to download.
which one should i mark when i download a new file for a fortec star lifetime ultra or ariza 700.
the file names are ,app file,boot file,background file, channel data file ,flash bin file.
which is the most common one to mark when i try to download a new file for my receiver.
thank you

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3096
flash bin file..is used all the time

channel data is a channel list

boot file is rarely ever used, only wehn having problems and usually cannoy load any files and puter /receiver needs a boot

Username: Lovetolearn

Post Number: 6
thank you,
LK.

Username: Wsc616

Post Number: 4
No wonder I could not upload the Bin file to my 2700A clone receiver. What loader is that? Is my loader, GTROM V3.32, too old? I don't have the option "Flash bin file" and "background file" in File Type?

Can anyone tell me where I can download the latest verizon of the Loader?

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 775
That loader is fine Sunny.
You might be doing something wrong.
Unzip the file the bin comes in, save it to a location, open GTROM, click download, it will then ask you what you want downloaded.
Sellect the unzipped bin and continue.

Username: Wsc616

Post Number: 5
Hi Tyler Durden,

Thank you for your instructions.

Update didn't work to me. I don't knwo what I did wrong. I tried many times in all different ways. I did unzip the bin file on my local PC. When I launched GTROM, I have it set up as following:

Serial Port: COM1
Baud Rate: 115,200
SAT Model: Pansat 2500A

File Type:
1. when I selected "App File Only", I could not upload the bin file to my receiver. After couple seconds, I got the message: "Flash update Fail.."
2. when I selected "Channel Data File", I could upload the bin file to the receiver. I could see 10%, 20%,... to 100% changing during uploading. After complete uploading, I could see my receiver reset. (I knew I should not select this option, I just wanted to prove the serial port was working.) All information in my receiver were reset to factory settings.

Do you mean I should just click [Download] without filling above information?

Anyway, I used Winzip to unzip the .zip file to get a .bin file on my local drive.

What did I do wrong? Please advice.

Thanks.

Note:
My receiver is Vortex Pro 7700. Is it really a Pansat 2500A clone? I am really flatten up now.

Username: Bthitman

Post Number: 1
As a Pansat fans we have to have alot of patience.

Bronze Member
Username: Hybridfay

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 47
Key 00: 98 F7 44 AC 5E 07 D9 ED
Key 01: 8A FF 3B 7E 65 71 F9 4E
these keys are given on sat-keys.co.nr
any one have idea ab these keys or check this www
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help