LK - Viewsat Extreme 2000

Username: Ozair

Post Number: 2
LK, kindly tell me if I buy the Viewsat, will I need professional installation or can I simply replace my old receiver with it, n I will receive all channels? Also where do u suggest that we buy these receivers from. U said they r one of the best receivers in the market, do u still stand by that. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Username: Pakithegreat

Post Number: 8
They are one of the best recivers in the market, bu before buying them you should wait till this weekend, and see what happens. Expectations are that the fix for all recievers will be out by sunday

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3091
I have always supported Viewsat..along with Coo*sat and pansat,,,but NO longer will I ever support pansat!

FTApalace is a reputable site to buy from..or globalwholesalers.biz

Gold Member

Post Number: 3092
and U can simply replace your old receiver ...and READ the Viewsat setup manual..

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 56
LK, do you know wheres a good site / source for co*lsats? I own a couple units. Pretty decent irds

Vini.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3095
same as above sites..

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 57
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3099
http://www.globalwholesalers.biz/

http://www.dishjockey.com/index.php?cPath=21

Bronze Member
Username: Hybridfay

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 46
it means the only solution is to replace your receiver there will be no solution for present situation in near future

Username: Sliderip

LK ,, if you have to pick one reciever based on

1) Support
2) Quality of the product
3) may be long term survival

Which one your would prefer?

If DB then wich model.

Just trying to tilt toward my next purchase.

Many thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3100
Viewsat Extreme...great prices $145...very fast processor... all the little whistles and bells that actually WORK.. and always had/has great support... www.globalwholesalers.biz or www.dishjockey.com

Coo*lsat was the last to have a fix in the last ECM..and now the NORWood group has moved..

Pansat is just money hungrt NO support thieves..

Dreambox is expensive and not exceptionally user friendly for the average FTA user..

Rumor is CaptiveWorks will have the fix next...and Pansat will be 2 weeks or more...

Username: Adan70

Post Number: 4
update
VIEWSAT EXTREME CHEAPEST PRICE ONLINE $136.98 WITH FREE SHIPPING WEBSITE: CALYANI.COM

Username: Sliderip

Post Number: 3
thanks,, your points are all well taken and make sense.

DB 500 is selling for 225 at some places now. If playing with Linux was no big deal then DB would be first choice at 225?

Username: Pakithegreat

Post Number: 9
Hi i'm a paki

Username: Sdgodfrey8

Post Number: 10
What is the difference between a Viewsat platinum and Viewsat Extreme? other than the price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3104
NOT much..a few whistles and bells..

Bronze Member
Username: Chessy

Post Number: 14
there remote sucks...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3108
FYI....This cmd 7 ECM has been seen and logged in the data stream for the past 5 months as stated by a personal friend of mine who is a coder...Viewsat coders have posted that they started working on the crack for it, OVER 1 year ago!...This was NO easy nut to crack!

Viewsat coders have stated, they are NOW going on vacation for a couple weeks and will not help anybody else until at least, when their vacation is over!....so I wouldn't expect to see too much too soon!

Username: Y_t

Post Number: 4
guys, is it true that Viewsat is working? anybody have success story? becasue I download a file "DBPSW_060607A_XTREME" from dsstester. It freeze, cannot turn on receiver. Also I read there, it happening for some other people too. guys if you know the reason, could you please post that?

Username: Bandulu_deh

Post Number: 9
my sister has a viewsat, it is working fine with the file you mentioned. all channels...very easy to setup also.

Username: Y_t

Post Number: 5
I know it is easy. first I loaded on old bin, it freeze at the "End". Then I loaded factory bin then I loaded this file. I was same thing, It freeze again. it happening for some other people too, they poseted in dsstester.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 122
out of all the recievers i have played with IMO the viewsat best great features and you cant beat the price or support the pansat and c oolsat are nice but suport leaves alot to be desired

Silver Member
Username: Wakenbake

Post Number: 159
get bin from
future-fta.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 160

.info

Bronze Member
Username: Brucelee

Beverly Hills, California United States

Post Number: 13
future-fta.com
doesn't work? I need the latest file for Viewsat Platinum but people say it freezes from the dsstester. com website? I just need the international channels from Echo 9 121W back?
Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
.info works, what is the username and password?

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
its future-fta.info

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
register
its free

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
actually I just saw that it says coming back online in 30 minutes and then it prompts me for a username and password? Perhaps I should try back in 30 minutes? Also do you know if the international channels are back on DN?

Username: Lebrimal

Bridgeport, Ct

Post Number: 1
anyone know when the Capitve Works bin will be out, my D is out I m hanging in there with Bev without ppv.

Username: Creek

Post Number: 5
Whatever you do, don't buy a Tristar receiver.
There is only one website to get the bin files, and very little support.
I wish my husband had done his homework.
I would like to get a receiver that can be downloaded wirelessly. I don't like to screw and unscrew wires all the time. Is there such a thing?

Bronze Member
Username: Donniew

Post Number: 11
"I would like to get a receiver that can be downloaded wirelessly"

No, but the newer revievers with SD cards (i.e. Pansat 3500) make life a LOT easier in that regard. Albeit Pansat is down at the moment.

Bronze Member
Username: Donniew

Post Number: 12
BTW I purchased the Viewsat 2000 Platinum as a gift for someone and am enjoying it very much at the moment (until I have to give it away). Very simlar feel to the Pansat 3500 that's currently sitting idle in my other room.

Viva Viewsat!

Username: Shahn2

Post Number: 1
LK
Are you saying that chances to get a Cool*sat fix are pretty low and probably after a few other brands?
Btw, thanks for your answers all over the forums. Very helpful to a noob like me.

Username: M_shamsdin

LK what about DreamCox support?
beside the price how do you compare it to Viewsat?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us