Chanel scan

Username: Batman23

Post Number: 1
Hi
Can someone answer this:
I am pointing to echo9 (121w) because 110 and 119 are blocked by obstacles (houses, trees).
Now, I get good quality signal for all echos and nimiqs .... but when I scan these satellites, they all give me the same chanels (I suppose) .... Anyways, nothing in french..

So my question is why do I get good signal quality for Nimiqs but same channel as Echo ?????

Thanx

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3055
cause U only have 1 LNB pointed at 1 satellite..this is not a magic show!

Post Number: 2
Ok !
But why do I get good quality signal (and level) for all Nimiqs and echos satellites ??? Does it mean something ?? I just want to understand of it works ....

Thanx for answering my question so fast LK but no need to get dis-respectful.

peace

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 49
You need to give us more info... how many lnbs pointing to where? what type of switch are you using? what are receiver setting wrt to switch?

It's like to talking to a car mechanic over the phone and saying "my car is running poorly" and not elaborating any more than that.

Also, if you're not pointing to 91 or 82 sats then you won't get any BEV. And as well, you should place your dish away from trees when pointing to ANY satellite - you need a direct line of site.

Please give more info and maybe we can help you.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3066
U can aim it at the floor and get good quality, don't bother yourself with that....trying to get more than 1 satellite with only 1 LNB aimed on roof dish is like trying to shoot 10 deer with 1 bullet in the rifle..

Bronze Member
Username: Googi

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 24
ummm why did you put a satellite behind a tree in the first place seems like a waste, you can mount it ON the tree i've seen that before

Bronze Member
Username: Googi

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 25
unless you mean someone elses tree lol

Post Number: 3
Thanx for your answers!
I knew that I needed more then one LNB to get other satellites but it was the Quality signal that was buging me... So what does it measures ?? and why do I have a good quality only for echos and Nimiqs ? Anyone knows a good website that explains technical stuff about satellite ??

Roger ten four

Bronze Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 57
I'm assuming your from up North? Anyways, both Echo's and Nimiqs have a strong signal in north america so you should be able to catch signal with at least 18" dish that has direct line of site. Dishes should be aimed so as to get at least 60% quality (although you should be aiming for 70% or higher).

There are many good sites of satellite testing. Just google it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us